• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How To Handle Disordely Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

That is because your lawyer would meet with the prosecutor.
It is a statement that could easily be misunderstood by an offender to mean that communication with the prosecutor would be cut off entirely if the offender hires an attorney, eliminating the chance of a more favorable charge.

PayrollHRGuy

It is a statement that could easily be misunderstood by an offender to mean that communication with the prosecutor would be cut off entirely if the offender hires an attorney, eliminating the chance of a more favorable charge.
I agree and is why I posted what I posted.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am surprised by - and disturbed by - what the court said to gentleandfree if, in fact, the court (clerk?) said it the way gentleandfree says it was said.
I think gentleandfree needs to explain who he was actually talking to. "The Court" is not a person, nor is it a position held by a person.

quincy

I think gentleandfree needs to explain who he was actually talking to. "The Court" is not a person, nor is it a position held by a person.
Right. I assume he spoke to the court clerk and probably misunderstood what was said or misinterpreted what was said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">