• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to modify child support order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Arizona I live in AZ my daughter in NC. My daughter is now 18 years old I would like to pay the support money to her instead of her father. We share joint custody, but she lives with him to go to school. How do I do this? Also when she finishes school my obligation for support payments ends how is this reported to the court? How to I request proof that she is still in school?



I don't know anything about how to make the payments to your daughter instead of your EX. It would seem to me that if he is still supporting her in his household, he is entitled to receive the support...

But about your other question, the school will not report to the court that your daughter has finished. You will need to be diligent about following up on this matter yourself and notify the court when it is time to terminate. They will then ask your husband to verify that she has finished, and terminate your support. (If he doesn't verify, you can send the court a copy of your daughter's diploma or a letter from the school as proof.)

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential