• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to prepare order (allowing amendment) to be entered by the court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akhanmac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

So my initial petition filed to be granted guardianship for my father was lacking a few items. I was told by the GAL that i can ammend the petition but that i needed to file a order (allowing amendment) to be entered by the court.

how do file this? meaning what is the format / verbiage

Any help would be great

from my understanding it should read something like this:
ORDER GRANTING PLAINTIFF'S MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE AN AMEND PETITION
This matter came on for consideration of Plaintiff XXX's Motion for Leave to File an Amended Petition. A defendants Guardian Ad Litem has reviewed the Motion for Leave to File an Amended Petition. A copy of the proposed Amended Petition was submitted with the Motion. Upon due consideration thereof, the court finds that leave should be given in the interest of justice.

then below this do i add a space for the judge to sign, and do i use the same judge that approved the inital petition? also the GAL told me he will need to endorse this order so do i put a place for him and myself to sign below the judges signature?

thanks

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

So my initial petition filed to be granted guardianship for my father was lacking a few items. I was told by the GAL that i can ammend the petition but that i needed to file a order (allowing amendment) to be entered by the court.

how do file this? meaning what is the format / verbiage

Any help would be great

from my understanding it should read something like this:
ORDER GRANTING PLAINTIFF'S MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE AN AMEND PETITION
This matter came on for consideration of Plaintiff XXX's Motion for Leave to File an Amended Petition. A defendants Guardian Ad Litem has reviewed the Motion for Leave to File an Amended Petition. A copy of the proposed Amended Petition was submitted with the Motion. Upon due consideration thereof, the court finds that leave should be given in the interest of justice.

then below this do i add a space for the judge to sign, and do i use the same judge that approved the inital petition? also the GAL told me he will need to endorse this order so do i put a place for him and myself to sign below the judges signature?

thanks
We are not allowed to help you prepare paperwork, motions, or anything else.

You should just copy one that is similar. Look up such motions from your state only, and copy one. :):)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">