• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to protect an iPhone/Smart Phone app idea, I want to propose?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Manders79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hello Everyone!

How should I contact a (major) Company about an app idea I have for them but, at the same time protect my design idea?

As an example: Let's say I have an idea for Keebler. Customers would download the, "Keebler Personal Batch" app. This app would let their customers digitally adjust the recipe and order through an app, a custom batch (only certain ingredients are shown to customer) and it would be delivered to them. I totally just made this up for example purposes. Have no idea if it exists.

Background about me: I'm a creative media designer NOT a developer. I create flat art for advertisements and motion graphics for video. So I could provide the graphic images and creatively design the app but I would need them (the company) to hire the developer.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards,
~Amanda

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hello Everyone!

How should I contact a (major) Company about an app idea I have for them but, at the same time protect my design idea?

As an example: Let's say I have an idea for Keebler. Customers would download the, "Keebler Personal Batch" app. This app would let their customers digitally adjust the recipe and order through an app, a custom batch (only certain ingredients are shown to customer) and it would be delivered to them. I totally just made this up for example purposes. Have no idea if it exists.

Background about me: I'm a creative media designer NOT a developer. I create flat art for advertisements and motion graphics for video. So I could provide the graphic images and creatively design the app but I would need them (the company) to hire the developer.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards,
~Amanda
You can discuss the idea for the app and its development, and protect this idea during your discussions, through a written and signed non-disclosure agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">