• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to sign this paper?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Do I only need witness signature

• yes, ask anyone except family members and the underage

• no, need a notary

• need a lawyer or someone higher up to sign it

Results are only viewable after voting.

JustFit

What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

I don't trust the insurance company. I don't want to ask them.

Does that mean the insurance will pay me? I can't read legal stuff or legal language well.

Do I only need a witness signature?

It said sealed...It didn't say there must be a notary.

This is just one page. No room to put a notary stamp on it.

https://flic.kr/p/27fzx9A

FlyingRon

This form says they will pay you whatever is listed and in exchange for that you won't come after them or their insured any more on this matter.
We can't tell you if that is a good idea or not, you'll have to make that call yourself or talk to your own attorney.

It appears since they didn't explicitly ask for a notary, you can use any person as a witness (preferably one who knows you are).

SEALED has nothing whatsoever to do with a notary. It kind of historical legalese that indicates you understand that this is an enforceable contract.

JustFit

This form says they will pay you whatever is listed and in exchange for that you won't come after them or their insured any more on this matter.
We can't tell you if that is a good idea or not, you'll have to make that call yourself or talk to your own attorney.

It appears since they didn't explicitly ask for a notary, you can use any person as a witness (preferably one who knows you are).

SEALED has nothing whatsoever to do with a notary. It kind of historical legalese that indicates you understand that this is an enforceable contract.

Thank you.

adjusterjack

Has the property (car, whatever) been completely repaired or are you getting the money in advance of repairs.

If the latter, I would be concerned (before signing) about what the company would do if any additional damage was discovered during the repair process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">