• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to sue Blue Cross?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

judith621

My 9 yr old son is a type I diabetic. He went to Diabetes Camp last year, which was great for him; and helped him alot. But it cost $650 !!

The Camp told us to submit a claim thru our Blue Cross/BS-the Camp said, some of the cost might be covered as it is a medical camp. We submitted it FOUR times, with no response!! Every time I call, they say they "have no record of a claim being filed", even though I sent it Certified Mail and had a letter of Medical Necessity from a doctor. I want last year's claim considered and a coverage determination for next summer, but they keep blowing me off. Can I sue for bad faith; and what forum do I sue in, Small Claims?? I live in New Jersey.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

judith621 said:
My 9 yr old son is a type I diabetic. He went to Diabetes Camp last year, which was great for him; and helped him alot. But it cost $650 !!

The Camp told us to submit a claim thru our Blue Cross/BS-the Camp said, some of the cost might be covered as it is a medical camp. We submitted it FOUR times, with no response!! Every time I call, they say they "have no record of a claim being filed", even though I sent it Certified Mail and had a letter of Medical Necessity from a doctor. I want last year's claim considered and a coverage determination for next summer, but they keep blowing me off. Can I sue for bad faith; and what forum do I sue in, Small Claims?? I live in New Jersey.
My response:

You had better read your policy and / or contract, first.

If there's an Arbitration clause, that's your first route to take.

IAAL

F

failenn216

Note that you first must receive a RESPONSE before invoking the arbitration process. No Response has been received re: the claim;
Doesn't the health plan have a duty, under contract, to consider the claim submitted??.

J

judith621

I do not have an arbitration clause; Even if i did, I did not receive a coverage determination to arbitrate. I have a major medical/fee for service Plan, not an HMO. This is just a situation where they are not even willing to admit they RECEIVED the claim!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">