• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to switch Lemon Law lawyers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Perie

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I leased Hyundai vehicle for 3 years. I was 3 times for service with its design problem. At the last service call my car was transported out of state and sat abandoned for 6 months at the dealer's facility, while Hyundai Corp didn't return two dosens of my calls. My rental car fees are at $5k. After I eventually get my car back, it cost me $800 to fix this long term neglect (rusted brake rotors replacement). I hired a lemon law lawyer, who filed my case with the district court. He tried mediation with some other lawyer, but I grew leary of him. I have a feeling he wants to trick me to accept less what I already paid ($6k), while he keeps the larger share of the compensation (out of proposed 10k he wants 6k).
It took me a while and I have gone through several lawyers, until I found sombody who would deal with my case. However, I see, he doesn't represent my best interests. I tried to call other lemon law lawyers, but they said, if I have an active case, they would not talk to me. Where one can find a fair lemon law lawyer and how to make the switch?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I leased Hyundai vehicle for 3 years. I was 3 times for service with its design problem. At the last service call my car was transported out of state and sat abandoned for 6 months at the dealer's facility, while Hyundai Corp didn't return two dosens of my calls. My rental car fees are at $5k. After I eventually get my car back, it cost me $800 to fix this long term neglect (rusted brake rotors replacement). I hired a lemon law lawyer, who filed my case with the district court. He tried mediation with some other lawyer, but I grew leary of him. I have a feeling he wants to trick me to accept less what I already paid ($6k), while he keeps the larger share of the compensation (out of proposed 10k he wants 6k).
It took me a while and I have gone through several lawyers, until I found sombody who would deal with my case. However, I see, he doesn't represent my best interests. I tried to call other lemon law lawyers, but they said, if I have an active case, they would not talk to me. Where one can find a fair lemon law lawyer and how to make the switch?
If your car is a leased vehicle, why didn’t you just return and exchange the vehicle?

Here is a link to information on Indiana’s lemon law: http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2544.htm

Here is a link to Indiana’s Bar, to locate an attorney in your area who handles lemon law cases:
http://www.inbar.org/page/getlegalhelp

If you have already engaged the services of one or more attorneys, you will be expected to pay for the services already rendered. I am not sure you will find a new attorney who will be interested in taking over where your current attorney has left off because there probably is not enough money in it to make it worth time and effort. You will just have to continue to make calls.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

I have a feeling he wants to trick me to accept less what I already paid ($6k), while he keeps the larger share of the compensation (out of proposed 10k he wants 6k).
Didn't you get a written fee agreement when you hired him?

Is he working on a contingency?

My rental car fees are at $5k.
I'd have bought a cheap driver for a few thousand cash before my rental fees got out of hand.

quincy

It sounds to me as if much could have been done before it got to the point of $5,000 in rental car costs ... :unsure:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">