• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to terminate parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizstormokon

What is the name of your state? wisconsin is the state my children reside in but I reside in washington state. My husband is in the military and we will be moving to germany soon. I am unable to see my children in wisconsin, I have one court order from a divorce with my daughters father saying I have 2 weeks of uninterrupted placement but he will not allow me to come get my daughter and bring her to washington state for 2 weeks. I also have a son from a relationship who is in wisconsin and his father will not allow me to talk on the phone to him, or have visitation with him and there is no order for visitation in place. Right now I am currently paying child support in the amount of 250.00 dollars per child. I am paying for kids I can't even see. How and can I terminate my parental rights? Will I still be ordered to pay support after termination of parental rights? I am tired of arguing with the fathers of my children, yes my kids mean the world to me, and I wish they were in my lives but if the fathers will not allow me to have them come to my home then I want to terminate rights and move on with my life. Please help me I don't know what I can do. Thankyou.

B

betterthanher

lizstormokon said:
What is the name of your state? wisconsin is the state my children reside in but I reside in washington state. My husband is in the military and we will be moving to germany soon. I am unable to see my children in wisconsin, I have one court order from a divorce with my daughters father saying I have 2 weeks of uninterrupted placement but he will not allow me to come get my daughter and bring her to washington state for 2 weeks.
How come? Why aren't you filing contempt charges against him?

I also have a son from a relationship who is in wisconsin and his father will not allow me to talk on the phone to him, or have visitation with him and there is no order for visitation in place.
Why didn't you establish visitation? Since one isn't in place, he can control whether or not you talk to the child.

Right now I am currently paying child support in the amount of 250.00 dollars per child. I am paying for kids I can't even see.
By your choosing.

How and can I terminate my parental rights?
You can't unless there is a stepparent adoption.

Will I still be ordered to pay support after termination of parental rights? I am tired of arguing with the fathers of my children, yes my kids mean the world to me, and I wish they were in my lives but if the fathers will not allow me to have them come to my home then I want to terminate rights and move on with my life. Please help me I don't know what I can do. Thankyou.
You've already been given advice what to do. File contempt charges against the first and establish a vistation order with the other child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">