• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Terminate Spousal Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmendez

What is the name of your state? CA

1. If your wife re marries what forms do you need to file with the court to terminate Spousal Support?

seniorjudge

lawmendez said:
What is the name of your state? CA

1. If your wife re marries what forms do you need to file with the court to terminate Spousal Support?
Does the judgment in your lawsuit say this will happen?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Judge
Just a heads up -- Lawmendez has been posting about how he has practiced with a California Attorney and is a paralegal. he has had several postings and me thinks this might be homework. I could be wrong but he is all over the place on these lists.

S

shell007

Ohiogal said:
Judge
Just a heads up -- Lawmendez has been posting about how he has practiced with a California Attorney and is a paralegal. he has had several postings and me thinks this might be homework. I could be wrong but he is all over the place on these lists.
I looked up his/her posts as well and came to the same conclusion. ;)

Just Blue

Ohiogal said:
Judge

Well...Lawmendez should know the answer to its own question then!! Doesn't that work out great?:cool:

Bali Hai

seniorjudge said:
Whether (or not) the judgement says this will happen is NOT a reason NOT to motion for alimony termination.

Especially if the judge in the case ordered the alimony and it was not part of an agreement by both parties.

Remarriage is a factor for termination of alimony unless the order says it is part of a property settlement or the parties agree otherwise.

It's time these judges do what they are supposed to do. "Fair and impartial".

Bali Hai

BelizeBreeze said:
I always thought a Walther PPK was the best way to terminate spousal support
I never thought in my wildest dream that I would even entertain that thought.

But, when you read the news about wife found dead on court house steps, husband prime suspect, I can understand (not condone) how that could happen.

lawmendez

Re: Termination of Spousal Support

Yes it does. It says "UNTIL THE DEATH OF EITHER PARTY, REMARRIAGE OF THE WIFE(petitioner) OR: FURTHER COURT ORDER.

So my question is what forms do i need to file to terminate Spousal Support or what procedures do i need to take?

seniorjudge said:

Last edited:

Mars4Dude

Walther PPK

I'm not trying to enable this student, but I do not know what Walther PPK is. I am not a student or an attorney. Could someone define Walther PPK for me?

Bali Hai said:
I never thought in my wildest dream that I would even entertain that thought.

But, when you read the news about wife found dead on court house steps, husband prime suspect, I can understand (not condone) how that could happen.

lawmendez

Re: Termination of Spousal Support

FYI i dont know the answer that why i am asking. Please reply if you know the answer.

baystategirl said:
Well...Lawmendez should know the answer to its own question then!! Doesn't that work out great?:cool:

ceara19

Mars4Dude said:
I'm not trying to enable this student, but I do not know what Walther PPK is. I am not a student or an attorney. Could someone define Walther PPK for me?
It's a gun.

ceara19

lawmendez said:
FYI i dont know the answer that why i am asking. Please reply if you know the answer.
I think the question is, why don't you ask the attorney that you "practice with"?

lawmendez

Re:Termination of Spousal Support

Please answer my question if you can I will appreciate it.

ceara19 said:
I think the question is, why don't you ask the attorney that you "practice with"?

seniorjudge

lawmendez said:
Please answer my question if you can I will appreciate it.
There's no form.

You file a motion and attach a certified copy of your ex's marriage license.

Your motion says (basically), "Your Honor, she's married now and here's a certified copy of her marriage license. I don't want to pay anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">