• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How would debt collector know to search my credit report immediately after I did?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiningsea

Who or what would have alerted them to check my credit report? So I went to a bankruptcy attorney to discuss my options. I’m undecided if I should file or negotiate the debt. Consequently, I didn't neccesarily want to wake up a sleeping dog. We pulled my credit report. I have had no debt collectors inquire into my credit report. No hard or soft inquiries whatsoever for many years. As soon as I go to the attorney and pull my credit report, the debt collector pulls my credit report the very next day. I find that very strange. I feel there is some shady business going on.

ajkroy

Who or what would have alerted them to check my credit report? So I went to a bankruptcy attorney to discuss my options. I’m undecided if I should file or negotiate the debt. Consequently, I didn't neccesarily want to wake up a sleeping dog. We pulled my credit report. I have had no debt collectors inquire into my credit report. No hard or soft inquiries whatsoever for many years. As soon as I go to the attorney and pull my credit report, the debt collector pulls my credit report the very next day. I find that very strange. I feel there is some shady business going on.
What state?

adjusterjack

Maybe not coincidence.

A debt collector has a right to view your credit report and computer software can be programmed to monitor credit reports for debt collectors just like you can buy a service that will monitor your credit report for activity.

Wouldn't surprise me that debt collectors have that ability.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe not coincidence.

A debt collector has a right to view your credit report and computer software can be programmed to monitor credit reports for debt collectors just like you can buy a service that will monitor your credit report for activity.

It would, actually, surprise me if they have the ability to see when a soft-inquiry is made on a credit report.

shiningsea

Maybe not coincidence.

That was my thought. Maybe they have some kind of monitoring system. I suppose that could exist. At the same time, the credit bureau or company requesting my credit report that I paid would still have to alert others that I looked into it. Coincidence as one of the others stated? It would be some heck of a coincidence that years went by and no inquiries and the very next day a inquiry is made into my credit report after I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">