• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HR/Comp./BG Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahunter

pre-employment background check,

member of family recently filed workers comp. suit against a mega company in court....i was unaware of any sort of action and am in shock at my accidental discovery and that no one told me about it, like it was some big secret or something (could not be farther from the truth!!)....

i have been seeking employment and was not informed that this suit was in process.... ..we have the same name with different ssns!!...i have been getting to pre-employment background checks and not heard back about the job....when pressing HR i get a 'we'll call you if we need you' answer...i'm told by HR everything is good, however....i've been getting interviews not beyond...

(1) Does this lawsuit show up on my background check even though it is not my lawsuit or my claim? This is a lawsuit from someone with the same name as me, but with a different ssn.... (2) How much legal right does a company have to research my past...does that include researching my family history? is it important...?

(3) Is there something i can do to get past this stage in the hiring process.....? Is this my problem, really? I feel like someone who has discovered some secret i never wanted to know about....i feel caught in the middle of something that noone thought enough to tell me about....my friends and peers wonder what is wrong with me or what is happening/has happened...why such a good candidate can have closed doors...i'm sort of curious myself?

i posted this for some feedback...perhaps from an HR or legal professional, or someone with info.....? i live in a very urban section of the north-east. Thanks.

S

Simon

Employers are very scared of employees that like to sue. I think you best bet is to explain your situation in advance to HR so that they know it is NOT you when they do their background checks. Don't be embarassed of the situation. You're not causing any problems. You're stuck in a bad situation. Try it that way. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">