• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HSA health and money for voluntary tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danderson107

I work in kentucky and my company has a health savings account. They deposit whatever amount of money they decide to in four increments throughout the year. The end of the plan year is about 3 months away and they have stated that if I volunteer to get bloodwork and other wellness exams done in the parking lot by trained personnel I will receive a $250.00 deposit to my hsa account. If I don't do the tests I receive nothing. Is this legal to deposit money in my account only I if meet their requirements by being tested?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ShyCat

Of course it's legal. I cannot imagine why anyone would think it would be illegal. Do you really think there's a law that states that an employer cannot offer an incentive to those who meet a specified condition? Would kind of put a crimp in performance bonuses, don't ya think?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">