• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HUD Housing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaMic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York State Hello all.My mom lives in a senior HUD building.Her manager is going to close the trash rooms on Fridays,Saturdays,and Sundays because her maintenance guys do not want to do their jobs.Therefore,the residents have to walk 100 yards on an unsafe and unplowed parking lot to the dumpster.This poses a health problem as the residents are old and sick and ca'nt walk this far.They will be forced to keep the unsafe garbage in their apartments.Legally, can the manager do this?Thank you.

You Are Guilty

What exactly is a "trash room"? Why do they need to be "closed" if maintenance don't do their jobs (i.e. what are they supposed to be doing in the trash rooms?) Who/what agency collects the garbage from the complex?

I'd probably advise her to file a complaint no matter what, but it is certainly possible that the building isn't doing anything wrong.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">