• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Huggies chemical burn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eck

Used scented huggies wipes. Toddler began bleeding and screaming when she had to poop to hold it in. Changed wipes and stopped bleeding that day, healed within the week. Now she screams and tries to hold in her poops, she is traumatized. It's stressful and frustrating see her in so much pain. I also don't see us potty training any time soon.
Is there anything I can do?
We are military family from or living in ma
Ordered wipes from Amazon

Just Blue

Used scented huggies wipes. Toddler began bleeding and screaming when she had to poop to hold it in. Changed wipes and stopped bleeding that day, healed within the week. Now she screams and tries to hold in her poops, she is traumatized. It's stressful and frustrating see her in so much pain. I also don't see us potty training any time soon.
Is there anything I can do?
We are military family from or living in ma
Ordered wipes from Amazon
When this happened did you take the baby to the doctor?

eck

End of july.
Yes we went to the doctor and they said it was just raw and to glob lots of diaper cream on it, switch to cloth and water when wiping and to let her be naked as much as possible.

quincy

It sounds as if your child is allergic to the scented wipes. Some kids are. Using unscented wipes is a good solution.

I do not see that you have a legal action to pursue.

eck

Ok. Thank you.
I wasn't sure because they claim to he hypoallergenic and sensitive but they are clearly not. Thank you for your time!

xylene

Specifically how old is your child?

Was this your first time using these wipes?

A lot of things can cause perineal irritation, diet changes, humidity, loose stools, diarrhea, constipation, diaper hold time (which doesn't have to be that long)

Hypoallergenic claims doesn't mean a user will never have a reaction. Any cleaning wipe can irritate skin, especially skin that is already predisposed to be irritated.

quincy

Ok. Thank you.
I wasn't sure because they claim to he hypoallergenic and sensitive but they are clearly not. Thank you for your time!
You're welcome, eck.

We could not use any brand of scented wipes on our kids because of the reactions they had. Deodorant soaps can also be a problem. Cloth and water is a less convenient alternative to unscented wipes but can help a child get over the rash.

eck

18m.
I believe it's the first time using this specific type of huggies wipes. We use huggies diapers and target brand wipes usually but when she was younger we used whatever wipes we recieved from the baby shower.

A lot of things can cause perineal irritation, diet changes, humidity, loose stools, diarrhea, constipation, diaper hold time (which doesn't have to be that long)

Hypoallergenic claims doesn't mean a user will never have a reaction. Any cleaning wipe can irritate skin, especially skin that is already predisposed to be irritated.

xylene

Yea, it's wikipedia, but this link does a good job explaining why companies are perfectly happy for consumers to believe 'hypoallergenic' is a medical term, when it is basically marketing speak about the relative lower risk of reactions for the products ingredients. This say nothing about the actual effect when used in combination in the product nor does the use of the term imply or assure the product has been tested in any way to assure a lower risk of reactions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoallergenic

Don't believe big corporations. Their commitment to your best interests are dubious. Don't believe anyone.

Consider to try damp Bounty or other better quality low lint soft paper towels. There are lots of home made formulas too.

Just Blue

Same thing happened to my eldest with a slight diet change...her poor little bum was raw and bleeding from loose stools. Did a brat diet and it was better in about 2 days.

Just Blue

18m.
I believe it's the first time using this specific type of huggies wipes. We use huggies diapers and target brand wipes usually but when she was younger we used whatever wipes we recieved from the baby shower.
Give her a soak in warm water with 1 1/2 cups baking soda. Very soothing and healing. Won't sting her bottom either.

Advice from me
Mom of 2 for 29 years.
Aunt (AKA Babysitter) of 15 for 43 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">