• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurricane Proof Trailers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Texas

My husband and I live in a retirement community in Deep South Texas. We live in a hurricane zone just off the Gulf and all mobile homes must meet hurricane proof standards. About 2 years ago our park was sold to a Canadian corporation, which has not been a "good thing" for our community. Anyway, within the last 2 months 2 mobile homes have been brought in from other parts of Texas. These trailers are in abominable condition and do not meet the hurricane codes. What can we, as a community, do to prevent any more of these unlawful trailers to be brought in here? Thank you. :eek:

HomeGuru

retiredbaker said:
What is the name of your state?Texas

My husband and I live in a retirement community in Deep South Texas. We live in a hurricane zone just off the Gulf and all mobile homes must meet hurricane proof standards. About 2 years ago our park was sold to a Canadian corporation, which has not been a "good thing" for our community. Anyway, within the last 2 months 2 mobile homes have been brought in from other parts of Texas. These trailers are in abominable condition and do not meet the hurricane codes. What can we, as a community, do to prevent any more of these unlawful trailers to be brought in here? Thank you. :eek:

**A: contact your local building and zoning inspectors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">