• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt at mcdonalds are they responsible for bills,etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

staceyb

My sister which whom i have guardianship (shes 11) went to mcdonalds 10-14-00 and she was trying to open the bathroom door she got the door about halfway open then the door slammed shut fracturing and removing the skin from her index finger...we took her to the emergency room 10-14-00 and to her family dr. 10-16-00 now due to this injury she must start seeing a Orthopedic surgeon for further care and she is not allowed to play in P.E at school and she was planning on playing basketball this year which more than likely she is not going to be able to do now due to her injury......can we sue them for the medical bills,and pain and suffering.
she has indiana medicaid but we are not sure if they will cover all the bills.

thank you,
stacey b
[email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by staceyb:
My sister which whom i have guardianship (shes 11) went to mcdonalds 10-14-00 and she was trying to open the bathroom door she got the door about halfway open then the door slammed shut fracturing and removing the skin from her index finger...we took her to the emergency room 10-14-00 and to her family dr. 10-16-00 now due to this injury she must start seeing a Orthopedic surgeon for further care and she is not allowed to play in P.E at school and she was planning on playing basketball this year which more than likely she is not going to be able to do now due to her injury......can we sue them for the medical bills,and pain and suffering.
she has indiana medicaid but we are not sure if they will cover all the bills.

thank you,
stacey b
[email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can sue but try to settle first. The problem was that the self-closing mechanism for the door was not adjusted properly or was defective. This condition not only posed a hazard for children and the elderly but is an ADA violation. A very common condition. If Mr. Big Mac is not willing to settle then hire a premises liability attorney. Ronald will pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">