• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurt ex attacking her cousin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmxmike

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

Ok so there's three people involved me, Friend A who I'm friends with, and Friend B who I'm no longer friends with. Friend B is mad that we are no longer together and that I'm friends with her cousin and been hanging out together. Friend B has been posting on facebook using Friend A's name calling her a slut, ho, alcoholic, druggie and other things. Friend B has also gone around saying that me (23) have slept with Friend A (17) and that she is doing drugs and poppin pills which no of is true. Friend B has also been calling Friend A work and got her suspend from work due to miss use of company property from Friend B calling multiple times. All of this has started getting around and back to her job where she is taking drug tests to prove she is clean and not doing anything. Is there any case for any of this? I told her no but was checking as didn't know if it was libel as it's in writing online for people to see and that shes spreading untrue facts.

Silverplum

I think all of you should grow up and get off the social networking sites you obviously can't handle.

:rolleyes:

Ok so there's three people involved me, Friend A who I'm friends with, and Friend B who I'm no longer friends with. Friend B is mad that we are no longer together and that I'm friends with her cousin and been hanging out together. Friend B has been posting on facebook using Friend A's name calling her a slut, ho, alcoholic, druggie and other things. Friend B has also gone around saying that me (23) have slept with Friend A (17) and that she is doing drugs and poppin pills which no of is true. Friend B has also been calling Friend A work and got her suspend from work due to miss use of company property from Friend B calling multiple times. All of this has started getting around and back to her job where she is taking drug tests to prove she is clean and not doing anything. Is there any case for any of this? I told her no but was checking as didn't know if it was libel as it's in writing online for people to see and that shes spreading untrue facts.

Antigone*

Y'all need to be deleting your facebook accounts.

bmxmike

The only person posting anything is Friend B, cause shes made that I'm no longer friends with and I hang out with her cousin who lives a street over and shes bitter about the fact that I don't like her or wanna hang out with her. It came to the point that the other day when dropping Friend A off from work cause she doesn't have a car her dad came out and punched me in the face cause of what Friend B said (Friend A's Dad is Friend B's Brother). She deleted her reported her and asked that she stop posting lies about her but she wont so shes just trying to find some way to either scare her or force her to stop

Proserpina

The only person posting anything is Friend B, cause shes made that I'm no longer friends with and I hang out with her cousin who lives a street over and shes bitter about the fact that I don't like her or wanna hang out with her. It came to the point that the other day when dropping Friend A off from work cause she doesn't have a car her dad came out and punched me in the face cause of what Friend B said (Friend A's Dad is Friend B's Brother). She deleted her reported her and asked that she stop posting lies about her but she wont so shes just trying to find some way to either scare her or force her to stop

And what happened when you reported the assault?

That might be actionable.

Otherwise, this is simply high-school antics. Delete your accounts.

Block the offending parties. It's really not that difficult.

I'm also fairly certain that you don't have the exact facts about your friend's workplace situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">