• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt in car accident off the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clk

6 weeks ago I was injured in a car accident. I have been unable to work until last week. My doctor released me for part time with restrictions. My employer said they had no light duty. And asked to call when I am released full time with no restrictions. He said he would then discuss with me weather or not there were any positions open for me. Can he do this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Unfortunately, your employer can do this if he has no light work for you to do. Understand their position, they don't want to cause further injury because that will wind up taking $ out of their pockets. cold, but true.

TO see if your rights are truly being violated (ie any special rules or regulations that require your employer to keep you on in some capacity), call an employment labor law attorney at attorneypages.com. Some of them offer free consultations.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">