• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband arrested out of state (Iowa)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SSyck331

What is the name of your state? I’m in Michigan but he is in Iowa.

I just came across information that my estranged husband had been arrested in March. We haven’t spoken in over 10 months. We lived together in Michigan, where I still am, and he is currently in jail in Iowa. I found information on vinelink dot com that said he isn’t scheduled to be released until May 2020! Is there any way I can contact him, get more information, or help him in any way? Should I contact the jail directly? We may not have spoken in 10 months, but he is still my husband and I will do anything that I can for him.

quincy

The site I posted allows one to search for inmates in all county jails. There is a button labeled "Offender Search" which takes you here: https://doc.iowa.gov/offender/search
It sounds as if SSyck331 already knows what jail/prison her husband is being held in. Her husband apparently is not being released until 2020.

SSyck331 needs to contact that facility if she wants information on her husband (e.g., visitation hours).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It sounds as if SSyck331 already knows what jail/prison her husband is being held in. Her husband apparently is not being released until 2020.

SSyck331 needs to contact that facility if she wants information on her husband (e.g., visitation hours).
I agree - I posted in response to PayrollHRGuy's contention that the site won't may not help locate an offender who's still in county jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">