• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband authorized user, credit report & responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadsam

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have filed for chapter 7, personal bankruptcy (5/20/05). My husband (not included in bankruptcy) was a "authorized user" on one of my cc accounts. He rarely used the card and not at all in the last 5 or 6 months, and no large purchases. I requested before filing bk that he be removed from the account and he was. However, I noticed that the credit card is showing up on his credit report (as authorized user). As this debt will be part of the bankruptcy, will it continue to show up on his credit report? Should my husband send a debt validation letter and request that the account be removed from his file?
Thank you.

Ladynred - thank you for your response on an earlier question, I really appreciate it!

Ladynred

Just have your husband dispute the 'authorized user' account with the credit bureaus. Since he is no longer on the account, it should come off his reports.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">