• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband gave our Jaguar away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wt817

You don't have to file a response to his answer unless his answer raises a counterclaim against you. As for the next steps, you'd need to study the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure. Very generally I would expect the next stage to be the exchange of discovery. So you'd want to start working on your discovery requests. Also, now that the answer has been filed that will open the door for the filing of pre-trial motions with the court. It would be best to get some help from an attorney for this if you can. Perhaps legal aid or some other organization might be able to provide you some help for this.
Thank you. I appreciate your response.

wt817

If there are any law schools in your area, they often hold "legal clinics" where, for no or a very low cost, 3rd year law students will review your situation under supervision of the law school faculty. They get experience and you get legal assistance.
Thank you for this information. I appreciate it!

wt817

We're almost to divorce trial day.....13 days. I do have an attorney, but I'd rather be conservative with that retainer. And today I came up with a question. Within 30 days of our physical separation, my husband accepted a transfer into his account in the amount of $9,400. We're not people of that sort of money, however he has an account in the UK with some money in it. Its his money. It was premarital. However, if it turns out the $9400 was indeed transferred to his American account from the UK account, does it become marital funds? Thank you so much.

LdiJ

We're almost to divorce trial day.....13 days. I do have an attorney, but I'd rather be conservative with that retainer. And today I came up with a question. Within 30 days of our physical separation, my husband accepted a transfer into his account in the amount of $9,400. We're not people of that sort of money, however he has an account in the UK with some money in it. Its his money. It was premarital. However, if it turns out the $9400 was indeed transferred to his American account from the UK account, does it become marital funds? Thank you so much.
No, separate funds transferred into a separate bank account would not be considered to be marital funds.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Its his money. It was premarital. However, if it turns out the $9400 was indeed transferred to his American account from the UK account, does it become marital funds? Thank you so much.
Separate funds kept in his UK bank account don't lose their status as separate property under Florida law just because he transfers the money from that account into another separate account he has, regardless of whether those accounts are in the US, UK, or someplace else.

quincy

Once again you are reviving a long finished thread. If you have questions about some things, start your own thread and ask your questions.
bracknelson keeps getting reported for reviving old threads and/or posting commercial links ... but his posts keep getting returned to the threads he has revived and he continues to post. No idea why.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
bracknelson keeps getting reported for reviving old threads and/or posting commercial links ... but his posts keep getting returned to the threads he has revived and he continues to post. No idea why.
Well, perhaps the sole active Admin will one day share their thought process with us.

quincy

It might be bit out of place. Haha. :)

I don’t think wt817 is returning to his thread after all this time anyway, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">