• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband hit uninsured driver, please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

We live in Texas. Recently when my husband was on his way home from work, a vehicle was in front of him, going the same speed (about 30mph). The vehicle moved to the turn lane. My husband noticed that the light was coming up quick and it was red and a motorcycle was at the light in his lane. He put on his brakes but still hit the motorcycle. My husband went about 6 feet into the intersection. Somehow the motorcycle rider ended up with both legs under the motorcycle. My husbands car was on his back tire. When the Motorcycle was lifted off the man he seemed to be fine a bit feisty, but that is understandable.

The police came, and filed a report. I had to go to the scene of the accident and bring our current insurance to them for proof. The motorcycle person had expired insurance, though his brother said it was current (though there was no proof). They didn't write him a ticket for no insurance, however they did write my husband one for failure to maintain speed. I think they should have wrote the motorcyclist a ticket for no insurance, if he really did have it, the ticket would have been dismissed. What do you think??

They took the man off in an ambulance so that they could check to make sure nothing was broken. My husband called to make a claim Monday, and they told him that they would wait until the other party made the claim. It is now Thursday (well early Friday morning) and we haven't heard anything from the insurance company. What do you think it means??

Please help. Thank you.

Shay-Pari'e

Your husband was clearly at fault. I don't know why you assume if the other driver had no insurance, that the case would be dropped.

It doesn't work like that.

That is not what I am assuming. I just feel that the laws should be fair. If they are going to write a ticket to one person for disobeying the law, they should do the same for the others involved. If the guy had insurance as he claimed it would be dropped. Doesn't seem that complicated to me. Problems occur often because of unenforced laws. I was mainly asking for insight, so that I could better understand the situation. I want to make sure he had insurance for the principle of the matter. Seems like it would have been understood that even though he was injured that he still should obey the law. I recieved a ticket for no insurance once, a block from my house, was ready and willing to go there to get the insurance of course that was out of the question, but yet I still got a ticket for no insurance. Went home and went to the police station immediately and it was dropped! If the laws are enforced on some angle then they should be enforced for all angles. I guess you wouldn't understand that!!!

Shay-Pari'e

solutions41201 said:
That is not what I am assuming. I just feel that the laws should be fair.Then change them.

If they are going to write a ticket to one person for disobeying the law, they should do the same for the others involved.If he had no insurance, you can count on the fact he was ticketed for that, but it does not negate from the fact that the other party was at fault.

If the guy had insurance as he claimed it would be dropped. No it would not be dropped. I already asked you how you figured it would. You state it, but you don't know what the hell your talking about. The police are involved, remember? :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem that complicated to me. Problems occur often because of unenforced laws. I was mainly asking for insight, so that I could better understand the situation. I want to make sure he had insurance for the principle of the matter. Seems like it would have been understood that even though he was injured that he still should obey the law. I recieved a ticket for no insurance once, a block from my house, was ready and willing to go there to get the insurance of course that was out of the question, but yet I still got a ticket for no insurance. Went home and went to the police station immediately and it was dropped! If the laws are enforced on some angle then they should be enforced for all angles. I guess you wouldn't understand that!!!What I understand is the laws, and unless you grow up and accept them.................you will be fighting a loosing battle. If you want to change the laws,.............try not spouting off insults on a message board and contact your congressman.

Your agenda will get you no where here.

Shay-Pari'e

OH! And one other thing. YOUR husband was driving with no proof of insurance, same as the other guy. Your hubby got off easy. It doesn't change who was at fault, that being your hubby.

Last edited:
I was there, I brought our proof of insurance to the scene of the accident so my husband wouldn't get a ticket for that too. I was there when they asked the motorcyclist for proof of insurance, he pulled out an expired insurance paper. His brother who was also there swore it was up to date, and the office said, "okay" and let it go! If I hadn't gotten there I know they would have issued my husband a ticket as well... I did put that in the post. I guess I didn't spell it out as clearly as needed for you to understand!

Shay-Pari'e

solutions41201 said:
I was there, I brought our proof of insurance to the scene of the accident so my husband wouldn't get a ticket for that too. I was there when they asked the motorcyclist for proof of insurance, he pulled out an expired insurance paper. His brother who was also there swore it was up to date, and the office said, "okay" and let it go! If I hadn't gotten there I know they would have issued my husband a ticket as well... I did put that in the post. I guess I didn't spell it out as clearly as needed for you to understand!
OK! Look, you don't get it. You are clueless, as with your clueless answers to others.

Did you forget what internet site you are spouting off on? People have to back track and correct you. :rolleyes:

I am not arguing with you. Apparently you have no clue either. I see you giving mean and crappy advice to others, you don't seem to know alot either. Maybe we are traveling on the same boat, you giving mean, rude and thoughtless advice, at me trying to give thoughtful and caring advice trying to give people other ideas and perspectives. You have an extremely bad attitude and seem to only half @$$ read the post left by others and go off on a completely off thought process!!

I agree as does my husband that it is in fact his fault. I just would like some ideas on finding how to go about proving that he did in fact have the insurance that he claimed to have since no ticket was written, and so far no claim filed!

I hope you grow a little compassion for others... have a wonderful day!

Shay-Pari'e

solutions41201 said:
I am not arguing with you. Apparently you have no clue either. I see you giving mean and crappy advice to others, you don't seem to know alot either. Maybe we are traveling on the same boat, you giving mean, rude and thoughtless advice, at me trying to give thoughtful and caring advice trying to give people other ideas and perspectives. You have an extremely bad attitude and seem to only half @$$ read the post left by others and go off on a completely off thought process!!

I agree as does my husband that it is in fact his fault. I just would like some ideas on finding how to go about proving that he did in fact have the insurance that he claimed to have since no ticket was written, and so far no claim filed!

I hope you grow a little compassion for others... have a wonderful day!
You are an IDIOT.

--PARIDISE-- said:
You are an IDIOT.
Yeah well, take a long hard look in the mirror. Your life must be pretty pathetic to be so negative. I am glad I don't wear your shoes, they must be too tight and must really hurt your feet. You must be one of the Atheist's I saw mentioned earlier in these posts. I hope you have a wonderful existence.

Shay-Pari'e

solutions41201 said:
Yeah well, take a long hard look in the mirror. Your life must be pretty pathetic to be so negative. I am glad I don't wear your shoes, they must be too tight and must really hurt your feet. You must be one of the Atheist's I saw mentioned earlier in these posts. I hope you have a wonderful existence.

You have graduated into a forum troll. Smile for the camera. :D

This is my post you are the troll, don't break the camera. I haven't read one thoughtful or HELPFUL response from you. What gives you the right to say anything?? You get your kicks out of being rude and hateful. I hope you enjoy the fall when the ground opens up and swallows you whole.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=683638

Yeah I can do the same thing... Though however long, I read through yours, and I will give you my free yet truthful psych evaluation. You think you know it all. You cannot admit when you are wrong, so you either don't respond again (instead of politely saying, "sorry, I don't know") or you use names to put people down. You think you feel highly (or at least act as though you do) but in reality you doubt yourself often, and take it out on others by lashing out and calling names. Do you honestly think it is healthy to be so negative? It isn't, in fact it is a serious problem that can often lead to ultimate failure. In fact it seems as though you have nothing better to do with your free time that actually put down and argue with people you will ultimately never meet. How incredibly sad you and your life must be. I hope you get help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">