• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband of landlord took my key!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Metsy

North Carolina
I was Falsely accused of domestic violence and while I was in jail, the landlord had the Sheriff's Dept. remove my key from my key ring which a friend had so that they could move my vehicle. I was let out of jail 48 hours later with no key or access to my rental house. Though I was strickened with a domestic violence order which ordered from the house I still had no access to gain any possessions. A month later at the trial I was found not guilty of domestic violence though the order continued in effect. I am trying to get my property back. Did the landlord who is actually the wife of the "landlord" have the right to take the key and also remove property by going to the house and taking it and cutting off a lock in the crawl space to take more property? Does that action end the lease? He wants over $3,000.

HomeGuru

Your issues involve more than just a L/T type of response. I suggest you hire an attorney in your area to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">