• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband was told could have a MRI then turned down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karins

My husband was in an automobile accident, which he didn't cause, and wanted to see a Doctor and did, when he went today, the nurse that saw him said he defiantly needed an MRI, when he went out to tell the receptionist, she said Cigna will never go for that because you were in an accident , the insurance company Cigna had no problem with this when my husband ended up calling them. When my husband called back the Doctors office the receptionist hung up on my husband said her Doctors office didn't want to get involved with an accident, can you believe this, please what rights do we have as patients, I've never heard of this treatment in my life!

ALawyer

Just about anytime there is a serious injury to an injured person that is not at fault, and there is a person at fault, the at fault party is liable for the injury, including all medical tests and care.

The only issue is whether the at fault party has insurance or resources to pay what eventually will be the judgment.

GET A LAWYER NOW and let the lawyer assure you get needed medical attantion.

K

karins

Dear ALawyer Senior member,thankyou for you're advise we plan on doing that, but what about the Doctors office that was so rude they should get in trouble shouldn't they! Thankyou again Karins

S

s_hill1

I work for an insurance company that's #78 in the Fortune 500 and in league with those like your insurance company,CIGNA. Indeed, see a lawyer, but about behavior of your doctor and his staff toward you - are you on a network plan, meaning, is this your primary care physician? Or, do you know if he's contracted with CIGNA to provide medical services to their members (your husband and you)? If so, contact your member services (the ph# is probably on your insurance card) and let them know what a jerk this guy is and how he's refusing to provide services to members (in violation of his contract with CIGNA).

Make sure you talk with your attorney, first, though. As was stated in the earlier post, there may be issues of a liability dispute if the person causing injury to your husband has insurance, and the 2 insurance companies (your's and their's) disagree. In that event, you may not want to reveal too much (or anything at all) at this point. You can always complain about this doctor anytime at a later date.

What this doctor is afraid is that, in the event this does go to court, he'll end up being caught in the middle. He may, for instance, end up having to testify but, mostly, he wants to avoid having to wait for your case to be settled before getting paid.

I hope your husband's quick recovery and, in the meantime, that he's able to find access to the treatment he needs. It's unfortunate that money still has greater power than God's gift of the power to reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">