• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hydrant with meter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dagntate

What is the name of your state? ny

I was in buffalo yesterday, and found a parking space, i noticed there was a hydrant beside it, but the space had a working parking meter. I double checked the meter was for my space, it was, each space had its own meter. I fed the meter 75c, got 45 minutes, I came back out with 7 minutes on the meter, amd had a $50 ticket too. Whats up with that? is this a scam, no lines on the road, why have a working meter there if youir not allowed to park. n The space in front had a meter, the space behind a meter, all 3 were less than 15ft from the hydrant!!

You Are Guilty

dagntate said:
What is the name of your state? ny

I was in buffalo yesterday, and found a parking space, i noticed there was a hydrant beside it, but the space had a working parking meter. I double checked the meter was for my space, it was, each space had its own meter. I fed the meter 75c, got 45 minutes, I came back out with 7 minutes on the meter, amd had a $50 ticket too. Whats up with that? is this a scam, no lines on the road, why have a working meter there if youir not allowed to park. n The space in front had a meter, the space behind a meter, all 3 were less than 15ft from the hydrant!!
Is that it or do you have a legal question?

dagntate

hydrant with meter

haa! not very, actually pretty damn broke..but i would have to go back to buffalo to fight it right? i live 90 minutes away, anyways i guess my question is who was right?

You Are Guilty

dagntate said:
haa! not very, actually pretty damn broke..but i would have to go back to buffalo to fight it right? i live 90 minutes away, anyways i guess my question is who was right?
Well, here's the law.

§ 1202. Stopping, standing or parking prohibited in specified places.
(a) Except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, or when
in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or official
traffic-control device, no person shall:

. . .
3. (no 3-a exists)
(b) No person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle within fifteen feet
of a fire hydrant except when such vehicle is attended by a licensed
operator or chauffeur who is seated in the front seat and who can
immediately move such vehicle in case of emergency, [highlight]unless a different
distance is indicated by official signs, markings or parking meters[/highlight].
So in this case, the meters trump the hydrant. You'll need photos and a measuring tape to even have a shot at proving it though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">