• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hypothetical Felony Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Edwinh1396

I'm in California and I have a hypothetical question. If someone were to pay me to do a court ordered narcotics anonymous class, no doubt they would be charged with a felony. But what would happen to me if I unknowingly accepted the offer and completed the class for the person? And what if I want to come clean about it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your hypothetical scenario is moot. You cannot "unknowingly" do an NA class for someone else.

Also, we don't "do" hypotheticals.

LdiJ

I'm in California and I have a hypothetical question. If someone were to pay me to do a court ordered narcotics anonymous class, no doubt they would be charged with a felony. But what would happen to me if I unknowingly accepted the offer and completed the class for the person? And what if I want to come clean about it?
I don't see how you could do it at all. They check ID pretty thoroughly.

Reactions: RJR

Just Blue

We don't do hypothetical questions. If you "need" an answer that bad pay an attorney to entertain the question. :)

Edwinh1396

We don't do hypothetical questions. If you "need" an answer that bad pay an attorney to entertain the question. :)
Ok I get you guys don't want to answer my question. So let me change my question. What would the charge be if this happened? Allow me to do some research of my own

quincy

Hypothetically, you would be committing a crime, as well (aiding and abetting), and you would want a lawyer to assist in your defense.

But please find another forum for your hypothetical questions. Thanks.

quincy

Here's a dime, go call your mother and tell her there are serious doubts about you becoming a lawyer.
I strongly doubt this was a question posed by a law professor to a law student. It sounds like one of those questions that come up in chat rooms.

I'll take the bait.
"Unknowingly accept the offer to take a narcotics anonymous class for someone else" This is like saying you unknowingly took a driving test for someone else or sat an exam for them, and you unknowingly got paid for it.
Need to grab my biggest shovel to move that amount of BS.
"And what if I want to come clean about it?". Using the present tense gave you away. You did it and you got caught.
I don't think even Perry Mason could weasel you out of this one.
(Showing my age ;))

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">