• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-131 Biometrics Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vik123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My parents both have green cards. They are planning to leave the US for about 2 years. So they have submitted an application for a re-entry permit (I-131) about 3 weeks back. We received the receipt notice (I-797c) at the beginning of this week. We are yet to receive the appointment for biometrics. I have a few questions about this:

1. We have already submitted the fee of $385 (which includes the fee for biometrics). Does every one who files for an I-131 receive an appointment for biometrics whether the application is eventually approved or rejected?

2. How long after receiving the receipt notice should we expect to receive the biometrics appoitment?

3. Can we go to the Application Support Center without an appointment and try to get the biometrics?

Thanks,
Vik.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">