• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-485 J Supplement and Changing the PERM Sponsored Level

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FNC

I am from ROW and have I-140 approved and I-485 is pending 180 days. Have got EAD and AP approved too. My green card was prepared for a future/prospective role (Data Analyst II - Level 5) but I am not yet promoted to prospective/perm sponsored role. Rather, I am currently at "Data Analyst - Level 4" and promotion hasn't happened yet. Since my time line is current as per visa bulletin and I will be getting green card approved soon. Is it very necessary that I have to be in the PERM sponsored role (future role) at the time when I-485 is approved by USCIS?

1. Can this same company (which I am employed in currently who has filed for prospective role) can file I-485 J Supplement and downlevel the role at i.e., at Data Analyst I Level 4 from what they filed initially i.e., at Data Analyst II Level 5?

2. If the green card is approved and if I am not having that future sponsored role, then what are the issues/consequences that I need to be aware of and what is the work around in that scenario?

3. If they are not planning to promote me at Data Analyst II Level 5 any time soon and my green card gets approved and after getting green card, I leave the company in 2-3 weeks, will this be an issue or a problem later in the naturalization?

4. Do I need to be employed with the company until they promote me to that level after my green card approval or I can leave the company once I get the green card (which I want to) or this approach will be problematic for me?

5. How will the USCIS know that I am having working at perm sponsored role i.e., at Data Analyst II Level 5 or not? It's not written on paystubs or W2 either. Do they check this thing or see this when it comes to naturalization or call the company's HR to inquiry this?

6. I am trying to find a new employer and filing I-485 j supplement but I am not getting it as its very difficult job market to get a new job.

Please let me know.

quincy

I am from ROW and have I-140 approved and I-485 is pending 180 days. Have got EAD and AP approved too. My green card was prepared for a future/prospective role (Data Analyst II - Level 5) but I am not yet promoted to prospective/perm sponsored role. Rather, I am currently at "Data Analyst - Level 4" and promotion hasn't happened yet. Since my time line is current as per visa bulletin and I will be getting green card approved soon. Is it very necessary that I have to be in the PERM sponsored role (future role) at the time when I-485 is approved by USCIS?

1. Can this same company (which I am employed in currently who has filed for prospective role) can file I-485 J Supplement and downlevel the role at i.e., at Data Analyst I Level 4 from what they filed initially i.e., at Data Analyst II Level 5?

2. If the green card is approved and if I am not having that future sponsored role, then what are the issues/consequences that I need to be aware of and what is the work around in that scenario?

3. If they are not planning to promote me at Data Analyst II Level 5 any time soon and my green card gets approved and after getting green card, I leave the company in 2-3 weeks, will this be an issue or a problem later in the naturalization?

4. Do I need to be employed with the company until they promote me to that level after my green card approval or I can leave the company once I get the green card (which I want to) or this approach will be problematic for me?

5. How will the USCIS know that I am having working at perm sponsored role i.e., at Data Analyst II Level 5 or not? It's not written on paystubs or W2 either. Do they check this thing or see this when it comes to naturalization or call the company's HR to inquiry this?

6. I am trying to find a new employer and filing I-485 j supplement but I am not getting it as its very difficult job market to get a new job.

Please let me know.
You would be smart to have all of your questions addressed by an immigration attorney in your area. A forum is unlikely to provide all of the answers you seek.

FNC

If someone can please answer the first two questions?

1. Can this same company can file I-485 J Supplement and downlevel the role from what they filed initially?

Thanks.

FNC

You would be smart to have all of your questions addressed by an immigration attorney in your area. A forum is unlikely to provide all of the answers you seek.

1. Can this same company can file I-485 J Supplement and downlevel the role from what they filed initially?

Thanks.

quincy

Thanks.

Thanks.
You need to sit down with an immigration attorney for answers specific to your concerns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">