• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-485 Processing Time..Where to check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adeel

What is the name of your state?NJ
Can some one tell me where to check the processing times for I-485, Family based adjustment of stats applications. My receipt number starts with MSC-05-XXXXXXX. MSC prefix is reserved for NBC, but that has no I-485 timeslines mentioned there???

THanks

lestmary

The best web-site to go to for processing times is the CIS official web-site:
www.uscis.gov

You can check the status of your case using your receipt number or check processing times of all the local CIS offices (they update the times once a month)

Adeel

Thanks for your reply! I am aware that processing times are displayed on uscis web site but my question was In which District office i should check for mine application which is starting from MSC-XXX?

thanks

Mrowka

It goes by the state and the county you live in. On the bcis website you can find out which field office covers the area you live in, and that's the office which processing dates you go by.

For New Jersey, it's the Newark District Office if you live in the following counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren.

Cherry Hill Sub-Office: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem Counties

Adeel

Thanks for you reply!
For me its Newark,NJ District Office. So it means that NBC will transfer my AOS I-485 and I-765 EAD application to this district office for further processing?
I called for Biometrics, but they are giving time 45 days ahead. Is there any way to get an earliest date?

Mrowka

As far as I know the files themselves are at the benefits processing center and when your district office reaches your priority date, that's when you get called for further processing. That's how the ins officer at the national customer service explained it to me.

I don't know if you can speed up the biometrics. I guess you can always call every couple of days to check if there were any cancellations and an earlier spot opened up.

Adeel

Thanks..thats nice to hear that you can check for earlier appointment. So let me try my luck. Did u do same practice and it worth or not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">