• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am a member of LLC who owns majority of LLC.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

To fire manager it must be unanimous.
I hope that your operating agreement is not written that way, because then you would never be able to fire him because he owns a tiny percentage. If your operating agreement is not written that way, then its not true.

lgcjc

I hope that your operating agreement is not written that way, because then you would never be able to fire him because he owns a tiny percentage. If your operating agreement is not written that way, then its not true.
We;)

lgcjc

Can you fire someone for incompetence if he does not know what he is doing. He is getting old and getting forgetfull. What would it entail.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Can you fire someone for incompetence if he does not know what he is doing. He is getting old and getting forgetfull. What would it entail.
A lot depends on what your charter and operating agreement says, and I've not read them. It would probably be a good idea to take a copy of your charter and operating agreement to a local business attorney for advice on what to do about this.

quincy

I am afraid you are not providing us with the information necessary to tell you whether or not you can fire the "incompetent" manager.

It does appear that your best course of action is to have your LLC documents personally reviewed by an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

quincy

What if operating agreement is on silent on subject would the state laws be in effect.
I wish we had more answers for you, lgcjc, but I am afraid you will need to take your LLC articles of organization and your LLC operating agreement to an attorney in your area for a personal review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">