• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am a witness to a domestic dispute.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for the information. It helps and I should read but I still going to return the suit.

Yeah but why should I? It's not fair that I got dragged into the domestic issue and now I have to worry about what I'm going to wear to court because of all this this. I'll put a suit on BUT I'm not going comb my hair or anything. If the court wants me to do anything else then I'll pat down but it is what it will be. Its painful at best. My suit + axe spray and that's it.
You are a witness to a crime...why wouldn't you want to assist in making sure that crime is prosecuted?
As to the rest...do you neglect to shower and comb your hair on a normal basis?

You really sound like a child...what's next...holding your breath and stomping your feet? Chanting "I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna"?

Grow up.

Just Blue

Thank you for the information. It helps and I should read but I still going to return the suit.

Yeah but why should I? It's not fair that I got dragged into the domestic issue and now I have to worry about what I'm going to wear to court because of all this this. I'll put a suit on BUT I'm not going comb my hair or anything. If the court wants me to do anything else then I'll pat down but it is what it will be. Its painful at best. My suit + axe spray and that's it.
You are either a witness to help put a bad person in prison for beating someone or there to prevent an innocent person from being falsely imprisoned for something s/he didn't do. That is a very important position to be in. Do your civic duty and help find justice in this situation. Someday you might need a witness to save your butt...

quincy

I am sorry you witnessed an incident of domestic violence and are being called into court to testify as a witness. But it is what it is.

Do your best to not offend the court with objectionable attire (or smell) and you will be fine. No one expects you (or should expect you) to spend a lot of money on clothes to appear in court as a witness.

You might want to ask about a witness fee for your appearance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one said that a suit was required. You were given several other less expensive, acceptable options.

It is likewise not your right to return a suit unless you follow the store's return policy.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Ok

Because I like to save money. I always clip coupons and returning 1 suit should not be a big deal. As long as I don't get a custom sized suit I should be fine. MW will put clothes on me from the floor the same day with a return period on the receipt. It says on the receipt that I can return the suit.
I really don't care about the testimony and prefer not to be there. If I have to a suit in them that's all I'm doing. I am not going to shower or anything so forget it all. Putting the suite on takes up most of my time anyway. I don't care about the case.
Even if you bring the suit back with tags on, if it stinks to high heavens, they can choose not to accept the return. Ditto for stains. Because it's obviously been worn.

Furthermore, NO ONE SAID YOU NEEDED A SUIT. In fact, in some courts, wearing a new suit will make you look fancier than the lawyers.

You honestly don't own one clean, solid colored shirt and a pair of khakis? Get a polo shirt or dress shirt and khakis, and maybe you could get a job at an upscale establishment like Target to pay for it.

You know what? Why don't you just show up like your miserable self. It will give the judge a more realistic picture of the quality of people involved.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Think of it as practice for small claims court.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/can-anyone-hire-a-debt-collection-agency.655692/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">