• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am absolutely devastated....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BigMistakeFl

Stats

Unfortunately, roughly half of the people you saw in the room with you at the Victim Impact Panel will get another DUI.

didnotlearn

I don't blame any of you for saying your feelings. I really don't. I didn't learn first 2 times. Not sure why...I guess it's 3rd time for me to realize that I have a serious problem.

I made an appointment to Alcohol Abuse Counseling which I am planing to attend for a long time. I am going there on Thursday and meet iwth the counselor. My AA meetings will be on as well. Need to come up with some kind of schedule here....

swrdmbo

There are AA meetings EVERY day of the year...and in many areas more than one. I do not understand why you haven't been to one already...it makes me doubt your sincerity..

Yes you are scared...rightly so...but you need to get to a meeting now...not just schedule them.I'm glad you got rid of all your alcohol...be sure to keep it that way.Try staying out of bars and places where you know other people will be drinking alcohol.

Christina...you sound very judgmental from someone who just got a DUI...every person I have EVER known has said exactly what you did when they got their first DUI...and as was mentioned...over half got/get a second DUI .

You really shouldn't be bustin his chops as you have a lot to prove (and only time will tell)
before you get to speak in such absolutes.

Don't get me wrong...I am not condoning what the OP did...but he is going to be paying for it. I just hope he sincerely quits alcohol altogether.

Good luck with that OP. It will be a real struggle but it can be done.

Last edited:

didnotlearn

I work at night.. all the meeting during the week are at night! I did not find ONE meeting that is during the day. I am doing my best. We do not have public transportation here...I am paying a cab 45 bucks one way to get to the Alcohol Counseling on thursday. That is the day that was closest available. I can't just not go to work. If I loose my job, then it would be even worst than already is.

It's not like I have shakes and crave alcohol. I do not drink alone....I am just stupid idiot who goes out with his friends ocassionally on weekends and makes dumb decision to get behind the wheel.

Hot Topic

You're an alcoholic busy making excuses for himself.

Don't use your job as one because there's a good chance that you're going to lose it after the justice system is through with you. People on the road need to be protected from you, especially when you know how alcohol impairs judgement, but you get in an automobile anyway.

If you haven't finished throwing out things yet, add mouthwash that contains alcohol. Some alcoholics become so desperate that they'll go after that.

AA may help you quit drinking but you have much bigger problems right now. You are about to become a convicted felon. That good job you care so much about is probably going to disappear. Quitting drinking is a good start but you need to look at the big picture, save that taxi money, sell your car and get a good lawyer, otherwise you are going to jail. Stop being so whiny and pathetic, it is time to grab your bootstraps and man up. This is your life you need to take control. GET A LAWYER the court will get you alcohol rehab.

swrdmbo

I do not know where you live...but I am not sure I believe you about night meetings only...what about week-ends?

Where are all your friends...no-one can give you a ride? if you get a sponsor they may be able to help you get to the meetings.

But if you are just paying lip service the AA people will see right thru you.

I am having a hard time believing that you only drink occasionally with your friends and just HAPPEN to have been caught drinking and driving...how many times have you done this and not been caught?

You are either not being honest with even yourself about your drinking...or you are the UNLUCKIEST person on earth!! What to believe...what to believe...

didnotlearn

I do not know where you live...but I am not sure I believe you about night meetings only...what about week-ends?

Weekends are not enough...I want to go during week too

Where are all your friends...no-one can give you a ride? if you get a sponsor they may be able to help you get to the meetings.

My friends do best they can and they support me with this....I live pretty far from them

But if you are just paying lip service the AA people will see right thru you.

No lip service. Why would I waste my time on here and type then?

I am having a hard time believing that you only drink occasionally with your friends and just HAPPEN to have been caught drinking and driving...how many times have you done this and not been caught?

I do not drink on weekdays, and even on some weekends. If I do, I go with my friends. I SWEAR TO GOD this is the VERY first time I got behind the wheel after drinking since my last DUI in 2006. I do not know WHY I drove. I work out, I eat healthy and I take care of myself. I don't need alcohol and don't need to drink to have fun. I don't crave it. I went out and made a dumbest decision to drive...time to face reality that me and this stuff is causing me bunch of problems. I do not believe however that it's a disease...I am responsible for my own actions....nobody was putting those beers in my throat...and nobody forced me to drive.. I made a choice...

You are either not being honest with even yourself about your drinking...or you are the UNLUCKIEST person on earth!! What to believe...what to believe...
I am honest or otherwise I would be wasting keystrokes. It's not about luck. It's about being responsible, which obviously, I am not and I need to change. Yesterday.

cyjeff

Then let me ask you this...

When was your last drink of alcohol?

Trust me, the judge will ask too...

didnotlearn

AA may help you quit drinking but you have much bigger problems right now. You are about to become a convicted felon.

I wasn't convicted of anything yet. That's why I have a pre-trial date. Plus, they are treating it as a 2nd in 6 years.

That good job you care so much about is probably going to disappear.

Got that covered allready... I won't lose my job. Thanks

Quitting drinking is a good start but you need to look at the big picture, save that taxi money, sell your car and get a good lawyer, otherwise you are going to jail.

Not selling my car, since I will be driving again in 45-90 days. Have to get to work somehow, no? Have one of the best attorneys. yes, I will go to jail and I am ready to face the consequences.

Stop being so whiny and pathetic, it is time to grab your bootstraps and man up. This is your life you need to take control. GET A LAWYER the court will get you alcohol rehab.

Like I said, got the lawyers....and I am going to alcohol treatement tomorrow at 10am..by my own choice..

You will not be driving in 45 to 90 days look over the penalties you should be getting again. I think everyone here hopes you get the max as well. I sincerely hope you learned your lesson but the truth is we will see you post asking about how to get out of your fourth DUI. I like to see the real you come out, I originally thought you were an underage female posting. Now I am pleased to see you are simply a pretentious multiple offender that has no remorse after a week.

2nd Offense

ALS for one year for a prohibited BAC;

ALS for test refusal = two year license suspension;[/B]

Jail - Minimum of 10 consecutive days or five days jail + minimum 18 consecutive days of electronically monitored house arrest combined, not to exceed 6 months;

Fine - Minimum $300 and not more than $1,500;

Discretionary driver's intervention program;

Vehicle immobilization and plates impounded for 90 days;

Court License Suspension - 1 year to 5 years

APPEAL PROCESS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE LICENSE SUSPENSION (ALS)

The court must hold the administrative license suspension hearing within five days of arrest. The appeal is heard at this initial appearance if requested. The scope of appeal is confined to four issues.

1. Was the arrest based on reasonable grounds?

2. Did the officer request the person to take a test?

3. Was the violator made aware of the consequences if he/she refused or failed the test?

4. Did the person refuse or fail the test?

NOTE:

A court may still issue a suspension even if 1-4 is proven by defendant if court finds the person is a threat to public safety.

Last edited:

didnotlearn

You will not be driving in 45 to 90 days look over the penalties you should be getting again. I think everyone here hopes you get the max as well. I sincerely hope you learned your lesson but the truth is we will see you post asking about how to get out of your fourth DUI. I like to see the real you come out, I originally thought you were an underage female posting. Now I am pleased to see you are simply a pretentious multiple offender that has no remorse after a week.

2nd Offense

ALS for one year for a prohibited BAC;

ALS for test refusal = two year license suspension;[/B]

Jail - Minimum of 10 consecutive days or five days jail + minimum 18 consecutive days of electronically monitored house arrest combined, not to exceed 6 months;

Fine - Minimum $300 and not more than $1,500;

Discretionary driver's intervention program;

Vehicle immobilization and plates impounded for 90 days;

Court License Suspension - 1 year to 5 years

APPEAL PROCESS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE LICENSE SUSPENSION (ALS)

The court must hold the administrative license suspension hearing within five days of arrest. The appeal is heard at this initial appearance if requested. The scope of appeal is confined to four issues.

1. Was the arrest based on reasonable grounds?

2. Did the officer request the person to take a test?

3. Was the violator made aware of the consequences if he/she refused or failed the test?

4. Did the person refuse or fail the test?

NOTE:

A court may still issue a suspension even if 1-4 is proven by defendant if court finds the person is a threat to public safety.
I am talking about working privilages. If the case is solved and I take a plea within 45 days, I can apply for work priviledges. That is the best case. Worst case, is 90 days no driving anywhere.

And no, you won't see me post again for my 4th DUI. I did learn my lesson. Sometimes it takes 3 tries.

What can I do? What's done is done.. I made my bed and now I have to sleep in it. Can't do nothing about what happened. All I can do is fix things with me and move forward. If I keep thinking and dweeling on "what if" then I will just get further and further into depression. I know what I did what wrong. I know I did it MULTIPLE times... and I knew it was wrong thing to do when I did it....but yet I did it anywyas....for 3rd time.

I am ready for my consequences and do what I need to do to make things right.

I understand poster's agression though...I would be saying same thing if I was on the other side of things.. but like I said, what's done is done...I can't un-do it. I can only fix the future.

In addition to the jail term or the term of house arrest with electronic monitoring or continuous alcohol monitoring or both types of monitoring and jail term, the court shall require the offender to be assessed by an alcohol and drug treatment program that is authorized by section 3793.02 of the Revised Code, subject to division (I) of this section, and shall order the offender to follow the treatment recommendations of the program. The purpose of the assessment is to determine the degree of the offender’s alcohol usage and to determine whether or not treatment is warranted. Upon the request of the court, the program shall submit the results of the assessment to the court, including all treatment recommendations and clinical diagnoses related to alcohol use.

I suggest you tell the court the truth about your drinking so you can get the help you need.

(v) In all cases, if the vehicle is registered in the offender’s name, immobilization of the vehicle involved in the offense for ninety days in accordance with section 4503.233 of the Revised Code and impoundment of the license plates of that vehicle for ninety days.

Ninety days is the best case scenario. I doubt with three DUI's you will get any kind of consideration for driving to work.

If the sentence is being imposed for a violation of division (A)(1)(a), (b), (c), (d), (e), or (j) of this section, a mandatory jail term of ten consecutive days. The court shall impose the ten-day mandatory jail term under this division unless, subject to division (G)(3) of this section, it instead imposes a sentence under that division consisting of both a jail term and a term of house arrest with electronic monitoring, with continuous alcohol monitoring, or with both electronic monitoring and continuous alcohol monitoring. The court may impose a jail term in addition to the ten-day mandatory jail term. The cumulative jail term imposed for the offense shall not exceed six months.

I'm glad you are prepared to go to jail because you will be going, in fact you will probably be getting more than the minimum. The court is going to look at your record and see that in 8 years you have gotten more DUI's than most get in a lifetime. You need to prepare yourself to change your life drastically. This is a first degree misdemeanor, one step under a felony. You are facing a very serious charge that will likely not allow you to work the system. You have throughly proven to the state that you are not responsible enough to have the privilege to drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">