• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nelson10

I live in California and I think im being served. My nanny told me that a man has come by the house quite a few times looking for me claiming he has a prize check for me. It sounded a little weird so I ignored it. Finally he left his card on my door asking me to call him. I didn't and now he is supposedly coming by the house several times a day knocking on the door for a half an hour and continuously ringing the door bell. I have questions concerning this:

1. I recently moved. How long does it usually take for them to get a hold of my new address?
2. I travel A LOT and im rarely home. What happens if they can never serve me? Is there ever an instance where they just stop trying?

I've instructed my nanny to stop answering the door. Im not necessarily avoiding this guy since im never home but am I making things worse on myself in the long run by not making myself available to be served?

Thanks

Antigone*

I live in California and I think im being served. My nanny told me that a man has come by the house quite a few times looking for me claiming he has a prize check for me. It sounded a little weird so I ignored it. Finally he left his card on my door asking me to call him. I didn't and now he is supposedly coming by the house several times a day knocking on the door for a half an hour and continuously ringing the door bell. I have questions concerning this:

1. I recently moved. How long does it usually take for them to get a hold of my new address?
2. I travel A LOT and im rarely home. What happens if they can never serve me? Is there ever an instance where they just stop trying?

I've instructed my nanny to stop answering the door. Im not necessarily avoiding this guy since im never home but am I making things worse on myself in the long run by not making myself available to be served?

Thanks

Avoiding legal issues can only make them worse.

ErinGoBragh

Thanks
I agree with the others. You shouldn't avoid service.

My question is, how does this relate to life insurance or annuities? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">