• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I AM DISABLED ON DISABILITY I OWN MY HOME I AM SWAMPED IN DEBT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bunni99

I AM DISABLED ON DISABILITY I OWN MY HOME I AM SWAMPED IN DEBT I CANNOT PAY
CAN THEY TAKE MY HOUSE IF I FILE BANKRUPTCY,
ALSO IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY Out

Just Blue

I AM DISABLED ON DISABILITY I OWN MY HOME I AM SWAMPED IN DEBT I CANNOT PAY
CAN THEY TAKE MY HOUSE IF I FILE BANKRUPTCY,
ALSO IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY Out
Why are you yelling? Please don't post in all caps. Proper punctuation please...

What state are you in?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I encourage you to see a bankruptcy attorney. What options you have will depend on the details of what debts you have, what assets you have, the income you have, etc. It will also matter what chapter of bankruptcy you use (Chapter 7 or 13). You may be able to save the home As to your home, it appears that Missouri law protects $15,000 of equity in your home (other than a mobile home, where the amount protected is less); so if your equity is more than that the trustee coud potentially have the home sold in bankruptcy to pay creditors. But you won't know what you face without a review of your complete situation by a bankruptcy lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">