• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am in a relationship 6 years and am 100 % dependent on him and he suddenly tries to kick me out with anything.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JESSICARODGERS

What is the name of your state? Texas

okay i have been in 6 year relationship with a multi-millionaire who got me and my son to move to a different town and was engaged to him lived with him for 4 years . He didnt want me to work so i can take care of his house as well as mostly his personal needs and supported everything and lived a life of luxury . I am ciompletly dependent on him and he controls all the money coming in and i was okay with that. He has his mood swings and he has all the power because he knows i have no where to go and if he gets mad he tries to kick me out and then we make up and a few months go by but it happens every couple of months or so and it does emotional damage and puts me under so much stress and not to mention its mentally abusive. So i have been kinda use to his trying to break up qith me and then regretting it and i end up staying everytime he does this he usualkly puts 10,000-30,000 in my bank accountand thats a pre warning sign for me.Well this time it was all of a sudden and he justy is acting mean and horrible. He says leave. get out and expexts me to in 1 day. He puts no money in account qnd i use my last money to buy food for the house and stuff we need now i have no money and am counting change. He just told me he will be back in a week. he is acting unreasonable and i dont knoiw why all of a sudden but i suspect someone else and he has no more use for me .He has said reciently that he has to be mean to get me to move or wont leave and i told him no all he has to do is talk to me about it and help me move but i cant move with no place to go and being completly dependent of this man for the last 6 years and living with him for the last 4 and him getting me to move to a different town a hour away from any family .i have been good to him and am not like any other woman he will find .and despite the age difference still loved him and didnt bother me and after all said and done he treats me like shit calls me names and breaks my things .i have asked his help so i can get out but he told me to sale my car and i dont want to do that..i shouldnt have to do that and dont deserve this . i undderstand he wants me gone quickly but how he expects me to do that with no place or money is stupid. he is a multi-millionaire with over 4 million in the bank and can easily help and can make this easy but no he makes it very hard ,mentally and verbally abusive ,destroys my items and causes me emotional damage ..im not being a bitch ,breaking his things or causing him anything , i am not refusing to leave or be difficult and actually want to leave I am not trying to causing him any kind of problems i dont like drama and try to avoid it.i dont want to put my son through the stress im going through. I dont ask for much i just dont want to leave with no where to go and no money to live off, He says he wasnt giving me a dime and to sell my car to get the money because he isnt giving me a dime. i have been way more reasonable and have been packing my things which i have to move all on my own and with out any help from him .We are not married but was engaged even called me Mrs.starr before and for him to just do me this way is not right and i don't deserve it. ? With depending on him for the last 6 years and with him supporting me and my son it seems like a divorce and just as difficult except without the piece of paper . I don't want much except not to be left stranded with nothing but a vehicle to live out of.its inhumane and feel i should be entitled to something i dont want alot of money and just want to be able to get on my feet again so i can get a job and not be dependent of him or anyman again. but its hard to do if your options are taken away .

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas

okay i have been in 6 year relationship with a multi-millionaire who got me and my son to move to a different town and was engaged to him lived with him for 4 years . He didnt want me to work so i can take care of his house as well as mostly his personal needs and supported everything and lived a life of luxury . I am ciompletly dependent on him and he controls all the money coming in and i was okay with that. He has his mood swings and he has all the power because he knows i have no where to go and if he gets mad he tries to kick me out and then we make up and a few months go by but it happens every couple of months or so and it does emotional damage and puts me under so much stress and not to mention its mentally abusive. So i have been kinda use to his trying to break up qith me and then regretting it and i end up staying everytime he does this he usualkly puts 10,000-30,000 in my bank accountand thats a pre warning sign for me.Well this time it was all of a sudden and he justy is acting mean and horrible. He says leave. get out and expexts me to in 1 day. He puts no money in account qnd i use my last money to buy food for the house and stuff we need now i have no money and am counting change. He just told me he will be back in a week. he is acting unreasonable and i dont knoiw why all of a sudden but i suspect someone else and he has no more use for me .He has said reciently that he has to be mean to get me to move or wont leave and i told him no all he has to do is talk to me about it and help me move but i cant move with no place to go and being completly dependent of this man for the last 6 years and living with him for the last 4 and him getting me to move to a different town a hour away from any family .i have been good to him and am not like any other woman he will find .and despite the age difference still loved him and didnt bother me and after all said and done he treats me like shit calls me names and breaks my things .i have asked his help so i can get out but he told me to sale my car and i dont want to do that..i shouldnt have to do that and dont deserve this . i undderstand he wants me gone quickly but how he expects me to do that with no place or money is stupid. he is a multi-millionaire with over 4 million in the bank and can easily help and can make this easy but no he makes it very hard ,mentally and verbally abusive ,destroys my items and causes me emotional damage ..im not being a bitch ,breaking his things or causing him anything , i am not refusing to leave or be difficult and actually want to leave I am not trying to causing him any kind of problems i dont like drama and try to avoid it.i dont want to put my son through the stress im going through. I dont ask for much i just dont want to leave with no where to go and no money to live off, He says he wasnt giving me a dime and to sell my car to get the money because he isnt giving me a dime. i have been way more reasonable and have been packing my things which i have to move all on my own and with out any help from him .We are not married but was engaged even called me Mrs.starr before and for him to just do me this way is not right and i don't deserve it. ? With depending on him for the last 6 years and with him supporting me and my son it seems like a divorce and just as difficult except without the piece of paper . I don't want much except not to be left stranded with nothing but a vehicle to live out of.its inhumane and feel i should be entitled to something i dont want alot of money and just want to be able to get on my feet again so i can get a job and not be dependent of him or anyman again. but its hard to do if your options are taken away .
You have made terrible choices. Your sugar-daddy doesn't "owe" you a dime. Ask a relative if you can stay with them for a month or two till you get a job and an apartment. It's likely a good idea if you have Dad take custody of your son.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm going to guess that you are not common law married. The best thing would likely be for you to move back to the town you moved from where you have family and ask them to help you out. You need to find a job, for sure. If your son's Dad should be helping support your son. But your b/f doesn't owe you anything.

Eekamouse

What did you have before him? Not much, it sounds like. What do you think you are entitled to now? Nothing, You aren't married to this man and you have no children with him and he doesn't owe you anything so he's right to expect you to fend for yourself. You aren't his responsibility. Take your car and child and drive the hour it takes to get back where your family is and move in with a relative and start a job to support yourself and your child. What your ex has in the bank is none of your concern nor are you entitled to any of it. Move on.

I'mTheFather

I can't read more than the first 3 lines of your post, but you should consult an attorney if you think you qualify as common-law married. Did he introduce you as his wife? Did he list you as a dependent on his taxes? If so, a consult may be worth it.

FlyingRon

In the OP's state, even a common law marriage has to be registered and forms signed.
Not true. In Texas, proof of the informal marriage can be done either by such declaration/registration or that "the man and woman agreed to be married and after the agreement, they lived together in this state as husband and wife and there represented to others that they were married."

However, I suspect as she describes it as a "relationship" neither exists. In fact, the nature of the described affairs doesn't appear to be holding out as a married couple.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

Since you've lived there for four years, you may be considered a tenant, and protected by landlord-tenant laws. He may have to go to court to evict you.
Yeah, he may have to evict her to get her out but I hope she realizes that he doesn't owe her a penny. Being in a relationship with a rich man doesn't entitle her to be supported after he breaks up with her. Those days are over. She should have been working and supporting her child all along instead of leeching off of him. Then this break up wouldn't be so traumatic for her.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not true. In Texas, proof of the informal marriage can be done either by such declaration/registration or that "the man and woman agreed to be married and after the agreement, they lived together in this state as husband and wife and there represented to others that they were married."

However, I suspect as she describes it as a "relationship" neither exists. In fact, the nature of the described affairs doesn't appear to be holding out as a married couple.
Not how I read the law but I was in a hurry - I might have overlooked something. In any case, I think we all agree that it does not appear to be a married couple no matter how you slice it.

FlyingRon

Not how I read the law but I was in a hurry - I might have overlooked something. In any case, I think we all agree that it does not appear to be a married couple no matter how you slice it.
There's an "OR" between the clauses.

PROOF OF INFORMAL MARRIAGE. (a) In a judicial, administrative, or other proceeding, the marriage of a man and woman may be proved by evidence that:
(1) a declaration of their marriage has been signed as provided by this subchapter; or
(2) the man and woman agreed to be married and after the agreement they lived together in this state as husband and wife and there represented to others that they were married.

But admittedly, there's a time limit on the second that likely also bars this from being used in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">