• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
For all we (including OP) knows, the father(s) now have custody of the children (if any).
I do understand that Rebeccapass feels that would be a better choice for custody, but the fact of the matter is that she doesn't even know if there are any children in the first place.

I agree. I do not believe this OP has any legal recourse at this time. I'd like to state too, that her daughter has every right to keep her children away from her relatives if that's what she feels is best.
Please. People use your minds and common sense if you have any, other wise your "advice" is not in revalance here. This post is about asking advice on finding out IF I may have a grandchild out there some where who can be loved and better cared for than the "judical system" and the care of "DSS FOSTER CARE". Foster care from birth at that, please! Or decisions made from a drug dependent mother with no other counsel to what ever other mental issues that may be underlying! This is not from some "MOM" just saying "Oh, boo hoo, I COULD DO BETTER". Please be more professional. If u intend to carry the title as a professional at some point. Yes, lets do see it from the other side, how does a "PERSON" such as what I have spoken of and already temporally, OR permanently have a right to say what is best for a child? They have already obviously proved, and lost to the fact that they don't know whats best. How can some one say what is best if they cant do what is best?

Zigner

I'm sorry you don't like the information you have received here, but stomping your feet isn't going to change anything. If you are unsatisfied, you may wish to find a forum that is more to your liking. Good day.

Just Blue

Please. People use your minds and common sense if you have any, other wise your "advice" is not in revalance here. This post is about asking advice on finding out IF I may have a grandchild out there some where who can be loved and better cared for than the "judical system" and the care of "DSS FOSTER CARE". Foster care from birth at that, please! Or decisions made from a drug dependent mother with no other counsel to what ever other mental issues that may be underlying! This is not from some "MOM" just saying "Oh, boo hoo, I COULD DO BETTER". Please be more professional. If u intend to carry the title as a professional at some point. Yes, lets do see it from the other side, how does a "PERSON" such as what I have spoken of and already temporally, OR permanently have a right to say what is best for a child? They have already obviously proved, and lost to the fact that they don't know whats best. How can some one say what is best if they cant do what is best?
Take your rude and illiterate self to an attorney. Good Day.

For all we (including OP) knows, the father(s) now have custody of the children (if any).
I do understand that Rebeccapass feels that would be a better choice for custody, but the fact of the matter is that she doesn't even know if there are any children in the first place.
Yes that would be a better decsion, if he wastn with the mom, doing and supporting the same things.

Zigner

I have not saw her since demanding proof in July of 2017. I filed a missing persons report on her. She was found but according to the law, she is 27 and can be missing if she wants.
This is where it all went wrong for you. You had not right to "demand" proof of anything. Your daughter wants nothing to do with you, and that is her right. You have no legal standing to sue anybody for information about this matter. I'm sorry, but there are some things which are simply beyond our control, and this may be one of them.

Zigner

I will. A real one. Good day to you.
Yes, that is what you are told. When told to speak to an attorney, the implication is clear that you are being told to speak to a "real" attorney. An imaginary attorney would be silly to talk to.

Please note that nobody on this thread (me included) is an attorney, nor have they claimed to be.

This is where it all went wrong for you. You had not right to "demand" proof of anything. Your daughter wants nothing to do with you, and that is her right. You have no legal standing to sue anybody for information about this matter. I'm sorry, but there are some things which are simply beyond our control, and this may be one of them.
Yes, I do have a right if she is asking for financial support ind help with "said" child.

Just Blue

Yes, that is what you are told. When told to speak to an attorney, the implication is clear that you are being told to speak to a "real" attorney. An imaginary attorney would be silly to talk to.

Please note that nobody on this thread (me included) is an attorney, nor have they claimed to be.
She obviously neglected to read the TOS along with Websters. ;)

Zigner

Yes, I do have a right if she is asking for financial support ind help with "said" child.
I will amend my prior post. Because this is America, you are entitled to demand anything you want. Of course, your daughter is entitled to blow you off and never speak to you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">