• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i am the named sole beneficiary in an estate that has filed the final accounting ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richard Smith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ct> there are funds in probate to which i am the sole remaining relative.my attorney has filed the final accounting,and i went to the probate court to ask what remaining steps there are.i was told basically the one <recovery agency> on the case or docket has to be notified that the court has just to wait 10 days after notification
then it will be signed ,and okayed by the judge.there is a financial situation i am presented with today .my question is the person at probate that pulled the final accounting out and explained the end was 2 weeks away,also said the order of compromise was signed and i had the right to access the funds if i needed to(not all) .was the probate worker correct? could i call my lawyer and explain the need for "x" (variable) amount of funds?does the lawyer have to comply? because i want to contact the lawyer today requesting a check to address my financial situation ,i just dont want to be told it cant be done when my attorney means "i dont want to do it".thankyou for your patience and prompt responses.

Last edited:

HRZ

Laymans guess:

THe executor / administrator can advance funds ..but takes some risks to make sure there is enough in pot to satisfy all the bills .

OR

Once the creditors have been paid, the court can approve/order a partial distribution

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">