• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I answered a complaint for me and a friend, is that okay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Interesting, perhaps, is that Joe the plaintiff was Jon the plaintiff in one of the other many previous threads. :unsure:
Sorry. Edited.

alphabetnumberdude has an ever changing story.

The HOA is not an individual, so the reference to "Joe" is odd.

Apparently alphabetnumberdude violated the HOA rules and action is being taken against him and his wife, as owners of the property. Don't HOAs usually just fine people and demand that the property be restored to conform with the bylaws?!

quincy

Sorry. Edited.

alphabetnumberdude has an ever changing story.

The HOA is not an individual, so the reference to "Joe" is odd.

Apparently alphabetnumberdude violated the HOA rules and action is being taken against him and his wife, as owners of the property. Don't HOAs usually just fine people and demand that the property be restored to conform with the bylaws?!
There have been 7+/- threads created by xz2019 regarding this lawsuit. It is hard to keep track of what exactly is going on.

The only thing made clear in all of the threads is that xz2019 is out of his depth in trying to handle the legal action(s) on his own (or trying to help anyone else).

If he wants to be successful in his defense against the claim, he should sit down with an attorney in his area who can try to untangle the current mess.

xz2019

An what happens if you screw up the translation and your friend Tony loses the case because of your screw up?
Here is the detail of the case:
I did some construction on my lot. Then HOA sued my wife and me, since our house is property of both my wife and me. HOA sued us as a PARTY!
So, we answered as a PARTY.
Then HOA's attorney said my wife not know English, then filed the 'Strike for the Answer' for my illegal practice of law for my wife.

quincy

I did some construction on my lot. Then HOA sued my wife and me, since our house is property of both my wife and me. HOA sued us as a PARTY!
Then HOA's attorney said my wife not know English, then filed the 'Strike for the Answer' for my illegal practice of law for my wife.
Right. You said that before.

I understand why you might have thought it okay to translate and file an answer for your wife.

It seems past time for you to have an attorney in your area helping you, though, so your misunderstandings of the law will not cause you additional legal woes. There is only so much a forum can do to assist, especially when we are not presented with all of the facts necessary to assist in a meaningful way.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Joe filed a complaint to me and my friend Tony ( Tony and me both as defendants in this case).
Were you lying then, or are you lying now?

HIRE AN ATTORNEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">