• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe I was recently involved in potential fraud specifically auto dealer fraud and looking for legal assistance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Azm86

You aren't making sense. A "loan installment agreement" is the "loan contract". You could (and should) have read (or, at the very least, skimmed) the thing before you signed it. You know how much you agreed to pay for the car. You had to have known the general terms of your loan agreement (ie: $250/month for 5 years, or whatever).

So, how much did you buy the car for?
No the loan contract is completely different from the installment agreement. The installment agreement has the interest, amount financed and how much interest would be incurred after years of paying the car loan. The loan has the actual sales price of the car with taxes, title and warranty. AT LEAST this is how it's presented to me in two separate documents.
The warranty on another note has the actual price of the car, that we originally agreed which is $9000. On the loan agreement (which I didn't see only after the fact) has the price of the car at $13,500.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just recently seen the loan agreement cause I requested it from the bank and the finance manager listed the sales price of the car for $13,500 rather than $9000 as we had originally agreed.
Again, your agreement was contained in the contract that you signed.

adjusterjack

I didn't see the loan contract because the finance manager used my signature from the loan installment agreement. I never seen the actual price of the car because he never showed it to me. (he hid this from me because it had all the numbers, if I would've seen the numbers then I would've NEVER signed it). He had me sign the installment agreement by flipping the page, I signed it then he used that page for the loan agreement.
Seriously?

You actually allowed that to happen that way?

Unbelievable.

Litigator22

The agreement was that " blah, blah ,blah . . .
WRONG, mister! The terms of the "agreement" are NOT what you claim to have been told! The "agreement" is what you knowingly signed!

If buyer's remorse were to govern there would be no sanctity to any written agreement and commerce would come to screeching halt!. And what prevents people like you from crying foul and throwing a wrench in the works is a rule of law that prohibits the introduction of extrinsic evidence to vary the terms of a written contract. All of which with respect to sales is codified in your state of New York as shown below:

Where (paraphrasing) the seller and buyer enter into a writing intended as a final expression of their agreement with the intention that the writing constitutes a complete and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement "those terms cannot be contradicted by any prior agreement or of a contemporaneous oral agreement". (See: New York Uniform Commercial Code Section 2--202. Final Written Expression: Parol or Extrinsic Evidence.)

xylene

I suggest you report your grievance to the New York Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Frauds & Protection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">