• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe my daughters mother is coaching her to accuse me of abuse, PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrHolley

i live in GA. an i believe my childs mother is coaching my child to accuse me of molesting her. She is extremely violent, she has accused me of cheating but i never have. My child loves me an acts out when her mother is around. I work on the road a lot so im not at home very much an when i am home most of the time is spent arguing with her. She likes to say hurtful things to me in front of my child to the sum of "maybe i need to get my child checked out, you probably touched her." I truly believe that she is coaching this acusation in order to keep me from the home i am purchasing for my child. Her parents say she is not allowed to come stay with them due to her love for drama an how angry she is. Please let me know what i should do. I do not want this to land my child in the states custody because of a twisted way of hurting me not understanding the severity of it an how it will truly cause long term issues for The child. We are not married but we have been together for about 5 years.

commentator

Find a new place to live, pronto. What do you mean you're purchasing a home for your child? I've heard parents, mostly over guilted work away from home parents, say "Well, I am giving her the house so that little....... will always have a home......" yada yada. Question this, okay? Get out of this bad relationship, get momma out of this house, you keep it, and when your child is with you, which is something you have a right to and the courts will allow you if you deal with things correctly, they'll have YOUR place to come to.

You do have to contribute to the support of your child. You do not have to provide an abusive person with a home so they can turn your child against you. You work toward getting your child into a more healthy situation. Which begins with you getting yourself into a healthier situation. Being on the road working your head off, coming home every weekend to accusations and demands, raising your child in an atmosphere of high dramatics and accusations...this is not a good place for either of you.

So try to fix this, bring about some healthy change before it spirals downward any further. I suggest you get some counseling for yourself, possibly speak with a good family attorney about what you can best do to get away from this relationship and maintain some relationship with your child other than being milked as a money cow while being verbal abused. Be very careful about your negativity toward the child's mother, take the higher course, even if she goes completely low. It will serve you well in parenting and in any legal system you end up dealing with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">