• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe the Cop is purposely blaiming me for Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael Sojka

Then you should not drive in the winter...You don't get to place others in danger because you "can't afford" better.

Be that as may...

You were driving a car that can't stop when it needs to. You are at LEAST 50% at fault...IMO Based just on what you posted.
I agree I know and I truly try to drive as safe as possible. And I am not fabricating anything, its true. I would be okay with 50% fault I understand my sliding was a factor, but to put all liability on me seems unjust. I'm not fairly educated on the insurance side of things, I never got into an accident with someone else

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Okay I understand. I'm just confused i really thought it was not my wrong, I feel I could not have went any slower, also the intersection is downhill (that's my last excuse for the sliding i promise ), also the light was yellow at the time, the report does not say it was red. The insurance companies are putting all liability onto me. Should this be the case, then do to the unsafe speed, am I 100% responsible or should I try fighting any of this
If your insurance is accepting 100% liability, then you've got a problem with your insurance company.

ecmst12

I don't think you're 100% responsible since you were going straight and she was turning, unless she had a green arrow. But you were not in control of your vehicle at the time of the accident, which places some blame on you. Your insurance company should be defending you in this matter. The police report is not evidence and should not matter - neither insurance company is obligated to follow it. But without witnesses you may have a hard time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">