• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I can't sell my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkk783

Maryland
My house has unseen mold and we are both sick. My realtor said we cannot sell without disclosing it, and she doesn't know who would buy it. If we were to but another house, which would financially deplete any savings, could we let the bank foreclose on this one, or would they come after our new "assets"?

Just Blue

Maryland
My house has unseen mold and we are both sick. My realtor said we cannot sell without disclosing it, and she doesn't know who would buy it. If we were to but another house, which would financially deplete any savings, could we let the bank foreclose on this one, or would they come after our new "assets"?
Why don't you use your saving to fix the mold issue?

adjusterjack

Maryland
They could. Maryland allows for deficiency judgments and judgments allow for the attachment of assets. The Maryland homestead exemption from judgment is something like $23000 so the more equity you build up the more your home is at risk. Maryland judgments are good for 12 years and may be renewable.

You would be taking a big risk by allowing foreclosure.

Best to get your mold problem taken care of professionally.

LdiJ

Maryland
If the mold is "unseen" how do you know that its there? How do you know that is what is causing your sickness?

FarmerJ

You wrote >My house has unseen mold< who told you that your home has mold? a city building inspector ? someone from the health department ? a non government paid inspector that you hired ? If you have areas that are obviously wet yes you need to find the problem and stop the leaks that are causing the problem, If its in a area of the home that is not heated so its easily cold and develops mildew / mold like a unheated closet then remove the things that are in the way of air circulating and let the closet door stay open so it can dry out and be repaired . SO again who told you to blame it on unseen mold ?

John G. Anai

Maryland
If, you are not able to sell the house then best option is to contact with the Contractor who helps to sell your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">