• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I caught my apartment magnager having an affair with my boyfriend in my apartment on recording. What can i do about this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What can I do about catching my apartment manager having an affair with my boyfriend in my apartment.
What is the name of your state?

I would move and find a new boyfriend. When does your lease expire? Where did you record your boyfriend and manager?

By the way, I see nothing in what you write that involves defamation (false statements of fact that injure a reputation).

Spot84

What is the name of your state?

I would move and find a new boyfriend. When does your lease expire?

By the way, I see nothing in what you write that involves defamation (false statements of fact that injure a reputation).
I'm in Texas and I'm asking what kind of legal action can I take

quincy

I'm in Texas and I'm asking what kind of legal action can I take
I don't see any legal action you can take based on what you have said.

Where did you record your boyfriend and apartment manager? Audio or just video?

quincy

Inside my apartment. Isn't it illegal for her to come into my apartment without telling me
It is not illegal for the apartment manager to enter a rental unit if the apartment manager provides advance notice, if there is an emergency that necessitates entry, or if invited into the apartment by a tenant.

Where in the apartment was the recording done? Was your boyfriend aware there was a recorder?

Spot84

No he was not aware there was a recorder. So now I just have to let it go I guess.. and what if she trys to kick me out? I can't trust her to come into my home for inspections or whatever and not steal or sleep with my boyfriend.

Just Blue

No he was not aware there was a recorder. So now I just have to let it go I guess.. and what if she trys to kick me out? I can't trust her to come into my home for inspections or whatever and not steal or sleep with my boyfriend.
Why is he still your boyfriend?

Spot84

No he does not live here and he does not have a key. It was the weekend he stayed over and I had to work early Sunday morning for a couple hrs.

quincy

It's my apartment my lease
I would worry about your boyfriend and/or the apartment manager pursuing a legal action against you.

There are invasion of privacy civil actions that could be considered (intrusion upon a person's seclusion, public disclosure of private facts) and audio recording laws that might have been violated, and an "invasive visual recording" that can lead to a criminal action.

If your boyfriend has not established tenancy, you can kick him out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">