• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I didn't get paid for my last 3 weeks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romcaevca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I was an employee for a custom builder and I didn't get paid for my last 3 weeks. He said he has no money and customer didn't pay him for a job, then he can not pay me. Job is already done. He told me he will pay me after he get the money from customer. But I'm trying to reach him by phone and there is no answer, no returned phone calls. His office is in his house and I have no luck to catch him. It has been two months and I still don't have my money. What can I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What recourse you have is affected by the answer to this question.

Were you an employee (W-2 at the end of the year) or an independent contractor (1099 at the end of the year)?

There is recourse either way but what it is depends on your answer.

romcaevca

What recourse you have is affected by the answer to this question.

Were you an employee (W-2 at the end of the year) or an independent contractor (1099 at the end of the year)?

There is recourse either way but what it is depends on your answer.
I was an employee. W-2

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">