• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't get it...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sushimom

TX

I don't get how we have gone from true domestic abuse to I claim you did it and you go to jail. My husband was accused of pushing an ex-girlfriend. During an argument over her wanting him to never see their child again to him getting charged and ultimately convicted for assult. She has tried to get him fired at his job. She has tried everything in her power to get him to lose custody of their son. She has had men in her life that hurt the child, she says awful things in front of the child regarding my husband and yet noone takes us seriously. Why because he is the ex with a record. When will it end... or will we endure this for the next 15 years? My husband is a push over. He complies with everything. He is so sweet and doesn't deserve this... She, in the mean time, has lived with four men in the past two years and thinks we are bad parents. I just don't get it.

We listened in court as person after person who was accussed of putting their spouse in the hospital get probation for 6 months or less but because my husband pleaded not guilty and went to court... and his word against hers.... he was found guilty. For a push mind you... One gentleman had poured hot water on his wife, pleaded no contest and it was reduced from an A to C misdemeanor with 90 days probation... go figure... My husband got the max because he went with a jury and Jury figured since thats what they would want to do to her he probably did push her away from him. She had hit him with a towel, followed him around the house, etc. Why does it not end there.... now she is fighting for full-custody of their child, telling everyone he is bad, .. he just wants his son with no strings attached... He has made mistakes but he doesn't deserve this... Any thougths out there???

I know I am rambling... I just don't understand how so many people can claim abuse.. I know it happens and to those it truly does I am sorry that you have to go through it... but how do we stop the accusers those who have alterior motives those with just a word... None of this makes any since...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">