• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Dont Know what to Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Klellylou

Indianapolis, Indiana. I do not know if this is the right sopt for this question, But I will give it a try. I started work for Family Dollar ( as a Full Time Manager) on 9-24-03. When I Got there my first day and filled out paperwork,(you know taxes, emergency contact,benefits etc.) . Well after I was done, She ( the store manager) was explaining what all the papers were and , and had said one was if if I elected to get insurance. I told her that day Do Not send that in, I have other insurance, she said ok I will leave it in file. well 60 days go by and all of a sudden I get a check that has a total of $138.00 Dollars Taken out in deductions for insurance!!! I called the benefits department and they said, we have a paper here with your signature saying you want benefits.! ( this is the paper i said NOT TO send)! I said well I told her not to send that paper I do not want benefits, mind you I did not receive ANY cards (they got me for health dental and life insurance),I received NO notifications whatsoever. I had no idea until I had that check. ANYways I told them it was a mistake , even had the manager herself tell them she made a mistake, and they told me there was no way to get my money back!!! and furthermore if I wantedbenefits off i had to submit in writing within 3 days ( it was a friday, deadline was monday mornin, so I faxed it.) SO I called my district leader and he also said they could not compensate me! My situation is this....she made a mistake, and I am STUCK footing the bil,I have been told to contact the Indiana Labor Department. I am just confused,and need help any suggestions would help thank you in advance for ANY help. please feel free to email me with any questions ( as this is kinda confusing) [email protected]

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I understand that you told them not to send the insurance enrollment in. But did you complete it and sign it?

K

Klellylou

I have requested a Copy of the Paper, I havent received it yet. But yes I signed it, because I signed everything in the welcome package, thats the form they say they have. but like I said I requested a copy just to be sure.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't mean to be rude, but could you please explain WHY you completed a form for insurance you did not want? Why did you not simply leave that form incomplete and tell them you were not completing that form because you already had insurance?

If you completed and signed that form, it may trump your telling them not to send it in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">