• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know where this belongs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? PA

Is there anything that can be done about a company CONTINUOUSLY messing up one's paycheck? I'm talking about never getting the hours worked correct, not paying for shift differential, and refusing to pay the difference until the next check(2 weeks) arrives. When the next check arrives, it's never correct either. People have bills to pay and food to buy and families to support.

Please, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.


Senior Member
Call your State Department of Labor/wage and hour division.

Whether this is expressly prohibited I can't say but each State has regulations regarding time frames ee's must be paid iwithn, payment of overtime wages and so forth. If your employer is messing up badly enough, they may have crossed the line.

And if nothing else, a call from the DOL might be enough for them to get their act together, figure out what the problem is, and start paying paychecks correctly the first time 'round.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential