• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't want to be taken in the contract I may sign-need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mid-night4m

What is the name of your state? arizona

I have recently finished writing a film script (which may end up being a play script, but that probably isn't important right now). I figure when I try to either sell the script to a production company or playhouse or try to get them to just produce it I will have to sign some sort of contract. I am not knowledgable about what in a contract would be smart to sign to and what may not be. I do not want to be taken. Is there any advice I could get pre-emptively to allow me to pick out the things that may be fishy so I don't get a raw deal, and not turn down a potentially good deal because something merely "sounded" bad to me? Thank-you.

D

deweydecimal

well make yourself a deal, NO SPORTS, NO xbox gamebboy NO drinking on fri nites, you need to be in a law library studying contracts, and specifically Intellectual property.

Then you would be able to ask knowledgeable questions to a lawyer and save yourself thousands in legal fees.

Now does getting drunk and getting all wrapped up in who will win the world series with your buds mean more then that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">