• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I drove off the lot now they want more money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HannahEA

New York State- I bought a car through a dealership. We gave them all of the paper work they asked for. We signed the papers and drove off in our vehicle. Then they began calling us for all kinds of paperwork they “lost” or didn’t receive. Then we were all set. But wait - JK! - we couldn’t verify the money you said you make is the money on your pay stub. Explained it’s because unemployment from the first three months of the year. Add employment plus pay stubs and divide by months and that’s what I make. Okay cool- send us the paper - which is super difficult to get- or give us another $600. If you give us the $600 this is all over and you just go about paying the bank and the truck is yours. Otherwise we need to bring the truck back. But wait we paid $2000 down and turned in a truck. But we owed money on that truck. So they had to pay off the remaining balance to get the title. And then there is the issue that you drove our vehicle racking up miles. We can’t just give you it all back in exchange for the truck back, we’re gunna keep your money, for paying off the truck ($1300) and then keep the other $700 for fees associated with driving out truck and you may or may not get your truck back since it may or may not have already been auctioned off. Even if we got the truck back, that’s $700 we lose. Is that legal? Can they take the truck back if the bank doesn’t pay for it after we drove off the lot? I can guarantee the contract has something to protect the dealership. I know- get the paper and send it in. But what if we do that and they tell us we still have to pay? How would this be handled?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">