• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I filed a chapter 11 4/98 with the assistance of an Attorney.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in California and filed a chapter 11 with the assistance of an Attorney. It was discharged April 1998. while attempting to straighten out my credit, It was brought to my attention that the Attorney did not do what he was paid to do. It seems that he did not take the necessary steps to modify my credit report. The person who is helping me stated we couldn't go any futhur until the Attorney did what he was supposed too. I have been unable to locate the Attorney, his phones are disconnected with no other listings. What do I do this point?



Senior Member
1. continue wasting your time hunting for him.

2. hire another attorney.

When I assist clients in filing BK, I never help modify a credit report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential